01

Chapter 01
(this is not proofread sorry)

New York, New York
11:01 pm

Mike had just gotten home from skating with his friend's Lucas and Dustin well minus Lucas he was more of the basketball type. Lucas had just gotten a new number since he little sister Erica broke it by throwing it into a puddle.

They had been arguing over who's turn was it to wash dishes the rest is while another story.

"Mike honey are you home?" His mother's voice yelled mike could hear her footsteps coming closer. "Hi mom" mike smiled and soon came running his 11 year old sister Holly. "Mike your back!" She cried in delight and hugged him tightly. "Holls you just saw me two hours ago" He said "still doesn't mean I can't miss you though" her muffled voice said.

Karen shook her head " how was the skate park?" She asked "I finally got that new trick down so I'd say tonight's been great" he answered. "That's great Mike, I'll be in my room if you need me" she said going upstairs to the second floor. Mike grabbed a cookie off a cookie sheet and went to his room.

-

Mike wheeler's Bedroom
12:56 am

Mike was currently at his desk trying to remember Lucas's new number. "Was it 231 or 132?" He asked himself. Eventually he just went with the second three digits and typed in the boys number.

-

(601) - 132 - 0118

Hey it's Frogface hope this is the right
number
Delivered

-

There was a knock on his door a certain one at that which could only be Holly. Holly and Mike were really close they had been ever since she was born. Around that time Karen and their dad Ted had been going through some issues in their relationship.

Ted had apparently got drugged by some girl at a business party and slept with her later that night. After Karen found out she was devastated. Devastated about the fact that not only did Ted cheat on her but the fact that their bundle of surprise was about to be born the following week.
After Holly had been born Ted got up the next morning and left. So Mike kinda made it his job to be a somewhat father figure to Holly.

"Come in Holly!" Mike yelled. Holly opened the door with a bag on her hip and walked over to Mike sitting on the floor beside him. "Sorry if I interrupted but I took some pictures today on the bike ride home from school" she said taking out a couple handfuls or polariods. Over the summer Holly had found a love for photography Mike gave her an old camera of his, taught her how to use it and ever since the girl had been hooked.

Most of them where either of the city streets or of people walking, talking, or just drinking coffee at a local cafe. "These are really nice Holly, are you gonna hang theses up on your wall? He asked grabbing one from the pile. "You know it! Got any extra tape?"

Mike nodded and handed her two clear tale dispensers from his desk. "Thank you Mike" she said giving him a hug. "Your welcome" he responded. "I'm gonna go hang up my pictures but I know for sure you'll be sleep so good night Mike" she said walking over to the door. "Night Holly" mike said before the blonde left.

After finishing homework that was due next week mike climbed under the covers of his bed and fell asleep not even knowing he'd gotten a reply from Lucas's so-called number.

1 message from (601) 132 - 0118 : I think you've just officially jinxed yourself buddy 😬

-

A/n: Hi hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Riptide and more to come thanks for reading and as always

See you in the next chapter....