06

Chapter 06
"Loves like a cigarette"

New York, New York
12:34 am

"Maxine I'm sure he'll be fine" Dustin reassured

"Maxine I'm sure he'll be fine" Dustin reassured. "But what if it gets amputated!" She cried pacing around the hospital hall. "Maxine he literally just broke his forearm it's not that serious" Mike sighed receiving a shove on the arm from Dustin. "I'm sorry I'm just tired I'm sure he'll be fine Max there's no need to worry" Mike apologized rubbing his eyes trying to stay awake.

"There's no fucking way I'm going to school today" Mike said to himself. "I'm going to get a snack from the fending machine anyone want anything?" Dustin said standing up. "I'll come with" Maxine said and they left. If you're wondering how they ended up here Lucas tried to attempt a Ollie in the air. And of course landed funny on his arm.

Lucas walked into the hall with a wrap on his forearm and sat in the closest seat which was next to Mike. "You ok?" Mike asked before speaking again before Lucas could respond "I mean I know you aren't ok ok but like-"
"I'm fine Mike" Lucas said. Mike nodded before came running Maxine.

"Omg are you ok?" She asked hugging him so tight he could barely breath. "Yes Maxine I'm fine" He said in a strained tone. Mike just let out a giggle as he his best friend gasp for air.

-

2:34 am

After they'd got back from the hospital Mike didn't even bare skating he ran as fast as he could all the way home. Holly had been at home for more than an hour which is way more than she'd supposed to been. Mike finally got home and before he could even unlock the door the door opened and there stood Holly with her arms crossed over her chest and a unamused look on her face and her cheeks seemed to be slightly tear stained.

"Holly I'm so sorry I was not supposed to be out this late but something happened and things really took a turn although that kinda isn't an excuse but-" Holly gave Mike a hug and laughed. "It's okay Mike I'm glad you're home" She said. "Me too..were you crying?" He asked. "Maybe a little..but only because I was a little bit worried about you" She said quickly.

Mike smiled. "You still going to school tomorrow?" She asked as they walked up the stairs. "I don't think so I mean I've been up running around town for-"
"Exactly 4 hours 15 minutes and 46.5 seconds" Holly answered. "But who's counting?" She says.
"Mmh" Mike hummed. "You gonna be ok for the rest of the night?" Mike asked Holly nodded. "Ok well I'll be right down the hall-"
"Call if you need anything" She cut him off. Mike nodded and closed his bedroom door behind him and started getting ready for bed.