Chapter 05
"You're dead to me"

Chapter 05"You're dead to me"

New York, New York
7:12 am

"Holly hurry up you're gonna be late!" Mike yelled upstairs to Holly. "I can't get this dang shoe on!" She yelled out of frustration. "Never mind I got it!" She yelled and ran her way downstairs. Holly had on blue jeans a Nirvana shirt and a black zip up hoodie.

Holly looked at his attire before saying "somethings missing" she said before pointing towards his head and running back upstairs and coming back with a green hat.
"This put it on" she demanded. Mike looked at the hat before shrugging and putting it on his head.

"You ready?" Mike asked handing her a pop tart. She nodded, they both grabbed their book bags from the hooks on the staircase and left. Mike and Holly walked to school due to them only having one car. Mike was planning on buying on next month based on his estimations he should have at least 30,000 saved up which in his opinion is at least enough for a good car to drive him and Holly around in.

"How's school going so far?" Mike asked as they started walking. "It's...alright" She says as they walked towards Holly's middle school. Holly gave her brother a hug before walking to the school doors. "If you need anything call me ok?" Mike reassured. "I know I love you" She said. "I love you too Holly"

-

Hawkins Indiana
12:34 pm

El sighed as she stepped into the crowed store. "Hey El!" Her manager Heather said as the girl walked over to the counter. "Holy shit what happened to your hand?" Heather gasped. "I cut it" She said simply. "Do you still want to work today?" Heather asked. El nodded as she stepped over to the register typing in random numbers. "See I'm great" She said holding a thumbs up and a smile. "Ok" heather sighed before she went to fold shirts to display on shelf's.

A couple minutes later a young girl came up to the counter who looked about 14 she had five items clutched between her hands. She had long blonde hair, circle framed glasses, she had a bright sense to her.

"Hi my names Eleanor are you ready to check out" She said in a friendly manner. The guys looked up and smiled softly and nodded placing her stuff onto the counter. As el started to check out the girl's purchases she noticed something significant about them. "I'm sorry but if you don't mind me asking what happened to your hand?" The girl asked. "No it's fine...I cut it down the middle" El said the girl eyes widened. "Are you?"

El was confused at first but then caught on "oh, no I was trying make a salad and was focused on something else and when I went to dry the knife off I thought my hand was the towel" she explained quickly. The girl nodded.
"You a fan of Harry Potter?" She asked. "Totally I've read all the books but never got a chance to watch the movies have you?" She said. El nodded "I'd say their good you should totally watch them if you'd like" She said