Part 1

Season 1, episode 1

Ivy's pov

Today was the day, the day we've been waiting for our whole lives. Me and Pete had both passed our tests and now we were on our way to station 51. Normally they wouldn't let siblings work at the same house but acing through the fire academy and having a firefighter father  had its merits.

I was driving our old truck, the trip to the station was silent at first, you could hear the engine sputtering. I think we were both processing what was finally happening, or at least I was. Being a firefighter was my dream since as long as I can remember, especially after dad died, it was a black hole for all of us. If I'm being honest I think I took the hardest hit after his death, I didn't talk for weeks, I barely even cried, I was numb. Luckily Peter was always there for me , and I tried to be there for him too.

"So on scale 1-10 how nervous do you feel Pete?" I asked him to finally break the silence. "Definitely a 10, but it's like the excited nervousness, ya know?"
"Yeah, I feel the same" I answered. "Wow I really can't believe, this is actually happening"
He confessed
"I know right, we're going to be great, for dad"
Pete didn't answer immediately, I could tell he was thinking about our father. I took one hand off the steering wheel and put it on his knee, squeezing it making sure he was okay. He smiled at me and said "Damn right we are, now what do you say about putting some music to lighten up the mood?"
Ohh this is gonna be a fun ride, "Hell yeah"
I responded turning on the radio.

Half an hour later we made it to the station, I turned the radio off, and then turned around to look at my brother, he was already looking at me.
"Let's go save lives sis" Peter said looking at me with the happiest face ever, I put the hugest smile on my face saying "Let's go save lives". I turned off the truck and we both got off grabbing our bags, we walked to the station together.

When we got there a guy was sitting on one of the fire trucks, Peter was the first one to talk saying "hey... um, my-My name is Peter Mills and this is my sister" "Ivy Mills, we're the new candidates on 81" I cut him off.

"Oh, fantastic. Joe Cruz. We've been waiting for you." The man said.

"Really? great" my brother said

"So Ivy and Peter Mills?... Is it?" Cruz asked

"Pete, actually, I--" Pete corrected, I was laughing internally of how Pete was such a stuttering mess.

"Okay, Peter Mills and Ivy Mills right this way." Joe said cutting 'Peter' off leading us into the garage.

"So, uh, gym's through there. There's a TV in the kitchen but satellite's busted. Uh, equipment room. Rescue squad a-holes.

Think they own that table. Kitchen.

Tower."  He showed us by pointing at everything he was talking about.

He then led us to another part of the station but Pete just stayed staring in awe like some dumbfounded person.

"Peter Mills, keep moving." Joe ordered
"- Yeah." Pete responded

"Is your brother always this dumbfounded?" Cruz asked me smirking

"Sometimes" I said laughing at his question, I already liked this guy.

We walked through a hallway where all the bunker gear was hung up. I could hear some chatter from what sounded like kids.

When we got to the end of the hallway there was a man talking to some really cute children, God I love children.

"Hey, Otis, this is Peter and Ivy Mills." Cruz stated

"Yeah, I'm giving a tour." Otis said annoyed