Part 3

Season 1 episode 3

It was night, and we were at shift, we had not got any calls, I was bored out of my mind. Me and Pete were talking about who was going to take the next shift at the restaurant. We couldn't agree on anything so we did rock-paper-scissor, I won, and started laughing at the face that Pete made we were having fun.

However it had to be ruined, these last few days I have been getting  chest pains, that happen at random times and I just got one.

"I have to go to the bathroom" I lied  and started rushing to the locker room because it was more peaceful there.

Once I got there I sat down and put a hand on my chest out of instinct, I bent down to try to lower the pain little did I know that Leslie Shay was standing there. . "Are you okay?" Leslie asked concerned

I sat up acting as if I was fine and said "Yeah, I'm fine thanks" smiling

"Are you sure it didn't look like you were fine?"  She asked again, but this time I knew that she wanted me to say the truth, it was more of a demanding tone.

I was about to make up an excuse when the alarm sounded "Accident, truck 81, squad 3."

Saved by the bell, I rushed outside flashing a smile to her, to not seem rude. I did appreciate her concern but I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about.

________________________________________________________________________________

We were in the truck on our way to the scene, we were about to get there and Lieutenat Casey spoke up "Mills 1 Pitcher's got a no-hitter going in the eighth inning. Do you go up to him and say, "looks like you got a no-hitter going"?"

"No but.. " Pete responded annoyed

"don't do it at the damn firehouse either." Casey interrupted

"Yeah, I got it." Pete replied

We got to the scene a few second later, two cars had crashed, there was a police officer trying to open the drivers door of one of the cars.

We all got off, Lieutenant started jogging toward the car where the police officer was shouting "Stabilize the van!"

Me and the crew took out some tools and then ran to the van that was upside down and really close to falling off the edge.

"Anybody got ejected?" Herrmann asked

We looked inside the van and there was a kid with his dad.

"Vargas, see if we got a pulse over there!" Herrmann stated

"Got one here!" Vargas replied

It all seemed to be working but the van started to tip over the edge. We all grabbed it to try and balance it our way "She's going! She's going!" Herrmann yelled

My feet were off the floor, luckily Lieutenant Casey came and grabbed it too. I then heard the sirens of another truck, phew must be squad 3.

More men came to hold the van down, I then let go of it and went to get stabilizers with Otis, we put them and grabbed the van again.

"Give us 10 more seconds boys!" Severide said

"You got eight." Herrmann replied struggling

"Hey, sir, just sit tight there for me, all right? Don't try and unbuckle yourself" Severide told the man inside the car.

"Is he all right? My son?. He's not saying anything." The man worriedly asked

Dawson checked the kid for a pulse and said "Yeah, he's alive, sir."