Part 2

Season 1 episode 2

We arrived at a house, a lot of smoke was coming from it. A woman about 50 years old was yelling angrily "But you want to play Mr. flamethrower, huh... What ya'll looking at? You better pray for him. You know what, you in a world of trouble now."

-"Looks like a grease fire" Lieutenant Casey said

"We'll bring the ansuls." Vargas mentioned

"Up on the roof, ready to vent, just in case." Casey ordered me and Pete

We both nodded and went to take the ladder, the woman kept screaming "Let 'em in, idiot! I hope you black as a crispy critter when you come out!"

We got the ladder and put it on the wall of the house, Pete started going up while I went get an ax. A few moments later the crew walked out with a man, "Ma'am, is this your place?" Casey asked.

"You're damn right it is."

"That your microwave down in the basement?"

"What of it?"

"Frayed electric cord that started this. Place would've burned to the ground if not for this man. He's a hero." Casey said

Otis joined the act saying "Sir, I just want to say, never seen a civilian act so bravely." He put his hand out to shake the other mans hand.

Then the woman hugged the guy, what a happy ending.

I was already off the ladder and Pete was getting down when Severide yelled "Hey! Candidate! One hand on the beam, candidate! I don't care if you're carrying a damn cow! Men die when they relax."

"Okay, Kelly. He gets it." Matt said trying to calm him down.

"Yeah, he better."

Pete then got off the ladder and started walking towards the truck taking off his helmet and Casey stated "He's right. One hand on the beam no matter what."

"Yeah, okay." my brother quietly responded.

Well that was intense, Severide looked all worked up, must've been because of the firefighter that recently died. I noticed he meant a lot to everyone.

Me and Pete started packing up the gear when something caught my eye, well someone, Leslie was handing Lieutenant Severide something from the ambulance in secret. Umm that's wierd, what the hell is going on, I thought. I decided not to tell anyone and keep it to myself, whatever they were doing must have a good reason.

After we finished packing up we went back to the station and obviously we had to go to wash the plates from lunch. Out of nowhere Cruz asked Pete "Hey, you know about fire fans, Peter mills?"

"They're chicks who follow firemen like flies to honey."Otis continued

"You mean bees to honey right?" I asked sarcastically

"Whatever, we're still the honey." Otis said annoyed

Peter laughed and went back to cleaning, and I just listened to the conversation.

"Hey, lieutenant, why do we have a goat on our truck?" Otis asked curiously

"Years ago, truck 81's first fire was at a goat farm in little Italy." Casey responded

"Really!?" Otis asked

"Mhm" Lieutenant responded while shoving a cookie into his mouth.

"Nah. They used to have a goat at the station so they didn't have to mow the grass." Mouch said from the couch, god he never stood up from that place.