summary & playlist

♥

"I want it to be, like, messy"

DAVINA COLEMAN SHOULD BE DEAD. As a child, Davina had been diagnosed with leukaemia with her chances of surviving being low due to the cancer spreading. Davina had been oblivious, too sick to even tell the difference between life and death, but her father had not given up.

Having been a former employee for Stark Industries, Malcolm Coleman had tried everything in his power to save his daughter. Desperate, Malcolm had stolen from Tony Stark, falling to the last option of experimenting on his daughter. Davina had survived at the cost of her body changing. Not only had she become immune with the ability to quickly heal, but Davina could mimic and adapt to her surroundings. Through that, she had a habit of stealing powers (she can't help it!).

With her father on the run, Davina had been taken in by the Stark Industries with her mother. They had moved from sunny California to New York, where they were under constant surveillance. Davina was offered a normal life in exchange for her cooperation and the promise that she would stay out of trouble. If she fell into the wrong hands, then it could be a disaster for the world.

A power like Davina's came with the promise of things being easy, but that was never the case. Davina could not mimic or adapt to high school no matter how hard she tried (she probably could to a certain extent, but that was cheating). Maybe it was because she was a little shy, finding the reality of normality a little too foreign compared to her childhood being spent constantly at hospitals or in the basement with her father. Though, Davina enjoyed learning a little too much, particularly anything to do with science, maths or photography.

At school, Davina only had one friend to rely on: MJ. The two had somehow come together like magnets, always sitting together, but never talking. Then, one day, they had struck up a conversation about murder and the rest was history. Yet, Davina also had a few brief encounters with Peter Parker, who was perhaps just as shy as she was as the two couldn't even hold a conversation without stumbling or running away from each other. Davina liked him — a little too much.

However, Davina wasn't one to shy away from the chance of being a hero. To Davina, her father had been her hero, and now she was willing enough to be that to anyone who needed her. Trouble had led to Davina joining Iron Man in his showdown with Captain America, where she had met Spider-Man officially for the first time. Davina could not stand the perky hero-like boy, believing that he had a habit of messing things up more than being of any help.

But Davina never imagined that the two would end up bumping into each other during neighbourhood missions. For the good of the community, maybe Davina was willing enough to let go of her disliking for the spider. Working with Spider-Man, Davina might just be brave enough to admit that perhaps she was wrong about him.

And maybe her two worlds were about to collide.

But, in the end, through the troubles of being a teenage hero and practically the end of the world, Davina was coming to realise that she could not live two lives.

C A S T

Olivia Rodrigo as Davina Coleman

"The day I admit to liking you, Bug Boy, is the day the world ends."

Tom Holland as Peter Parker

"I think the neighbourhood can be big enough for the two of us. Maybe we could be partners... or not! Can you at least try being nice to me?"

 or not! Can you at least try being nice to me?"

Zendaya as Michelle Jones "MJ" Watson.

"Davina, I won't be saying this again, but I never needed a friend until I met you."

P L A Y L I S T

Brutal | Olivia Rodrigo
Enchanted | Taylor Swift
Nervous | Shawn Mendes
Adore You | Harry Styles
Teenager in Love | Madison Beer
This City | Sam Fischer
Already Gone | Sleeping at Last
Jealousy, Jealousy | Olivia Rodrigo
Always Been You | Shawn Mendes
Fearless | Taylor Swift

D I S C L A I M E R

I don't own anything in this story, where the majority belongs to Marvel. However, Davina is my baby, so everything to do with her story is mine.

T R I G G E R   W A R N I N G S

This story will contain themes of anxiety, death, grief, and violence. I will return to add anything that comes up!

Rewriting this story as it'll be in the same world as my doctor strange story (malfunction) and an upcoming thor story!