five | working together

♥

FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME, Mimic was relieved that Spider-Man could not hear her heartbeat as now she was certain that it would give her away. Mimic's mouth had also hit the floor, her face in shock as she stared at Peter Parker who was Spider-Man.

"Mimi!" Spider-Man quickly put his mask on, panicking. "What—"

But Spider-Man became distracted as his suit started to glow. Again, Mimic was shocked and a little annoyed as she realised that Spider-Man's suit had a built-in computer system. Yet, Tony had told Davina that she wouldn't need a suit that advanced.

"Hello? Hello?"

"Wonderful," muttered Mimic.

"Ah, thank you."

"Uh, hello, Bug Boy?"

"Right, right," said Spider-Man, looking at Mimic. "Classified? Why are you classified?"

"Who are you talking to?" Mimic demanded, having not adapted her hearing.

"You," Spider-Man admitted. "My suit is telling me that you're classified."

"Yeah, I am," Mimic confirmed. "And don't bother asking me about it."

"What are you doing here?" Spider-Man questioned instead.

"What am I doing?" Mimic repeated. "What are you doing?"

"Did you follow me?" Spider-Man asked, ignoring Mimic's questions.

"Maybe," said Mimic, suddenly realising that she needed to keep her identity intact too.

"I don't believe this," said Spider-Man, clutching his head with a groan. "How did you follow me?"

"I adapted myself to be able to track you," Mimic admitted.

"You can do that?"

"Well, I'm standing here, aren't I?"

Spider-Man let out a frustrated sigh. "I don't believe this," he repeated himself. "You've seen my face now. Mr Stark said I shouldn't tell you who I am."

"Just because I've seen your face, doesn't mean I know who you are," Mimic pointed out, crossing her arms, but her heartbeat had accelerated again. Was she really lying to Peter Parker?

...hang on, Mimic was talking to Peter Parker without fumbling for words or blushing. Maybe it was because Mimic was mad that she hadn't figured it out sooner or the fact that she didn't like the superhero version of her crush.

"Fine," Spider-Man answered. "Why did you follow me?"

"To see if you had a lead on the bad guys," Mimic continued her lies.

"Oh, I do!" Spider-Man told her. "I put a tracker on one of the guys. We can, uh, work together if you want? You know, since you followed me."

Mimic paused, knowing that was asking for trouble. "They are here?"