ten | the right thing

♥

DAVINA THOUGHT SAVING THE neighbourhood would result in at least a bit of trouble. But, as Davina had come home in her ruined dress, her mom had pulled her daughter into her arms, holding onto her tightly.

"I'm sorry," said Davina. "I know I promised that I'd focus on just being normal, but I had to do the right thing."

Maria cupped her daughter's cheeks. "You wouldn't be you if you had just walked away, Davina. Anita told me everything; you and Spider-Man saved the day."

"You're not mad at me?" Davina questioned.

"I'm mad that it's my daughter who has the power to do good like this," Maria told her. "But I'm not mad at you, sweetheart. I'm so proud of you."

Davina felt her eyes pool with tears as she hugged her mom again, unknowing if she was completely out of the woods. That night, Davina had not heard from Tony.

Of course, he was likely caught up with the aftermath, but Davina feared that she would be forced to be locked up even more now. The next day, though, Davina still hadn't heard from Tony Stark and it left her on edge.

"You know he's probably busy, right?" MJ tried to calm Davina down, where the two were in Davina's bedroom, going over the previous night. "All that tech was almost stolen while he was in the middle of fighting your case."

"I know," said Davina. "But what if I've ruined my chances of staying?"

"No one saw you," MJ reminded her. "You stopped the Vulture."

"What if it's not enough?" Davina panicked.

"Even if it's not, do you really think Tony will let you be locked up like that?" MJ questioned.

Davina thought of Wanda, who had been restricted to just the headquarters before she had escaped to join Captain America. While Davina knew Tony never wanted that, she also knew that he had no choice in the matter.

"Hey," MJ's hand fell on Davina's arm, trying to comfort her. "Let Tony do his thing and then he'll call you. But, stop worrying, okay? You're not going anywhere."

More than anything, Davina wanted to believe in those words. Last night, though, everything had been a haze; not just from finally defeating their enemy, but through everything that had happened with Peter too. Thinking about their dance on top of the roof and their kiss left Davina blushing.

Later that night, Davina sent Tony another text while her mom was at work, who believed that Tony would reach out when he had news.

Don't stress. All is good. Will update you soon:)

Reading the text, Davina felt her nerves loosen.

Proud of you, kid. Your dad would be too.

Even with it being just something small, Davina felt her body start to relax. Those last words were everything Davina needed to hear, so now she had a smile on her face, starting to believe that maybe she'd get to live in both worlds.