Chapter 2

A chilling scream left the screen waking Daphne. Theo looked down at her, giving her a smile.

"Hello again," He whispered, tucking her hair behind her ear.

A knock rang through the house.

"Here I'll get it," Theo moved Daphne off of him and stood up.

He walked out of the room shutting the door behind him. Standing up, Scarlett moved over to Daphne.

"You good?" Daphne whispered.

"I hate to admit it, but I'm not a fan of horror movies," Scarlett sighed curling into a ball.

"Hey come here," Daphne pulled Scarlett close.

Daphne held her in her arms. After a bit she started to brush through the girls hair with her fingers. Daphne felt Scarlett jump and pulled her even closer.

"Sh sh sh," Daphne comforted.

A door swung open and Theo walked in.

"Who was there?" Daphne asked still playing with Scarlett's hair.

His voice filled with confusion answered, "No one,"

"Hm weird," She turned back to the movie.

"That's how all the horror movies start!" Haylee exclaimed excitedly.

Scarlett moved a bit closer to Daphne.

Daphne spoke again, but this time a bit quieter, "This isn't a horror movie,"

"Good," Scarlett smiled lightly.

Daphne's heart hurt for her. She brushed Scarletts hair behind her ear frowning.

"Scarlett what time are you leaving?" Daphne asked, her voice quiet.

"I'm staying over like the others," She looked up, her face filled with confusion.

"Oh," Daphne's voice still quiet.

Her face grew of guilt.

"You should probably go. I don't want you scared of the movie."

"I don't want to go," Scarlett frowned.

"It's late. I don't want you scared," Daphne's voice seemed worried now.

"No."

"Yes you are,"

"I am no-"

Scarlett's voice was cut off by the sound of glass shattering. Daphne's eyes grew wide.

"What was that?" She jumped up.

"I don't know," Theo joined her.

Soon the whole group was up, pausing the movie, and venturing out of the room.

"No splitting up please," Scarlett grabbed Daphne's hand. "That's what always goes wrong in horror movies and I don't feel like dying."