Ghost of Christmas Past

The slow creaks of the floorboards echoed across the empty hall, lights out, only the dull glow of a crescent moon to shine in.
His heart began to rise in speed, breath hitching only a little, barely noticeable to those who did not pay attention.

He took deep inhales.

Long exhales.

A hand to his chest as he steadied his breathing with no avail. The floor boards continued to grown as a door scratched against the ground, letting out a drawn out wail, ear piercing in the dead of night.
Wind blew through the open window, letting  a light breeze in that caused goosebumps and shivers all over the young blond's body. His leg started to shake impatiently as he kept his eyes trained on the screen before him, to look at the dark figures from the corners of his eyes would be to admit defeat.

"It's nothing," he'd brush aside, but his stomach would rumble, gut twisting and knotting itself up enough to push the stomach acid into his throat, letting it burn holes into the inner flesh.

"Jacob," whispered a voice, delicate and wispy it could have been the wind.

"It's nothing," Jacob assured himself again, still fixated upon the words on his screen, determined on finishing the lyrics even if it took him till the golden glow of dawn.

"Jacob," the siren whispered again, more clear, deep and dark it was like the abyss.

Jacob said nothing.

Thought of nothing.

Letting his fingers continue to move rapidly, the clacking of the keys the most clear sound in the cozy room. The door whined again before the click of a lock signified the nightwalker was back in their room.

But the moans of the floorboards and soft muffled taps of padded feet roamed the quiet dorms.

Jacob felt a shift in the bed, a strange aura tickled by his leg, the faint sound of panting could be heard and a new scent entered Jacob's nostrils.

Violets

Primroses?

Somewhere in between

It was a soft murmur, the voice low, yet every syllable like a drip of honey, with a hint of cocky attitude. Unlike the calls from earlier this one tug at his chest, felt to real to be true.
There was a gentle breath against Jacob's neck, heating it up but not enough as Jacob's fingers and toes were numb, entire body ice cold at the words mumbled right in his ear.

"You didn't forget me . . . did you?"

Jacob felt his throat tighten, lips parting but no words coming out as he choked.

"I knew you couldn't ignore me." Jacob could just here the smile as the voice became lighter, the bed shifting more and the tickling aura now at his chin and leg.

Jacob closed his eyes and bit his lip, fists now clenched tight and body now stiff as a log.

There was a tickle at his nose as the smell of violets and primroses became more intense.

A small gust of wind fanned against Jacob's cheek as the disembodied voice said,

"After all . . . you're the reason I'm like this."

"I'm, I'm sorry," his voice shook as he dropped his head, feeling little droplets splash against his bear leg, the tingling sensation wrapping around him as though giving an embrace.

"I can't wait till you join me."

In a large blow the spirit was gone.

Leaving Jacob to his own thoughts and tears.

The crescent moon now out of sight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Literally relates nothing to christmas but i'm playing christmassy rn so it works.

Tbh, a family member opened their door and it's like 1am so that's why this got written I guess. I wanted to do something horror like but I guess not. One day I shall try my hand at horror (maybe not for a tbz fic though). I don't really like how this was written but whatever i guess.