𝑜𝓃𝑒

     "AISA, YOU'RE LATE"

     "AISA, YOU'RE LATE"...

"apologies, father, but I had a bit of a hard time sleeping last night. after all, there was a little pest that crawled onto my bed", aisa answered with a smile.

     the youngest kitani offendedly gasped.

     "I am not a pest!", she proclaimed, earning a light chuckle from aisa, as she took a seat beside the crown prince and second prince: akishino and hirotada.

     "either way, it is no excuse to be late. a proper lady should always be on time", the empress reprimanded.

     "really? because yesterday, I seem to remember that mother naora was two minutes and forty-three seconds late to dinner", aisa calmly exposed.

     "you—"

     "enough", the emperor intercepted.

     "I didn't call you all here today to bicker. guards, let them in!", nobukazu demanded.

     as the double doors slowly creaked open, ten men with exceptional swordsmanship had entered in an orderly manner.

     "oh my...are they all for me, father? what a pleasant early birthday surprise!", aisa widely smiled, as akishino scoffed.

     "just how entitled are you to think that father would gift you the generation of miracles and the uncrowned generals?", the oldest had mocked.

     "well, it matters not. because they'll all belong to me in the end anyways", aisa lowly muttered, her taunting red eyes challenging akishino's stern blue ones.

     "tch!"

     "aisa's not entirely wrong, though they are meant for the five of you. each of you will have one miracle and one general assisting you, because from now on, the trials will only get more rigorous", the emperor explained.

     "then can I pick first, father?!", rishi, the youngest, excitedly asked.

     "how you all decide will be none of my business. I still have work to attend to, so I'll be leaving first", nobukazu stated, as his two wives followed behind.