𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒

     "FATHER, I HAVE A REQUEST"

     aisa stated, as she had set down her violin after entertaining the emperor during his work time.

     "speak", her father permitted.

     "I was wondering if I was allowed to have partners for the musical performance", aisa replied.

"have you picked out a piece yet?"

"not quite...I have a few selections in mind, but I do believe that with an additional violinist or pianist, it would make the songs more vibrant and pleasing to the ears", aisa persuaded.

nobukazu seemed to ponder aisa's suggestion. after all, it wasn't super out of pocket or anything.

"sure, though that would mean that the rest would have to know about this as well. I'll send someone over to inform them. did you perhaps have a person in mind?", the emperor questioned.

"well, akashi would definitely be at the top of my list. I heard that he's well-versed with the piano and violin, considering he's the child of a duke — especially since it's duke akashi that we're speaking of", aisa unintentionally praised.

"I see...well, your idea's approved. is there anything else?", nobukazu asked.

"not at the moment. thank you for your benevolence, father", aisa bowed, putting away her violin delicately, as she handed it to one of the butlers that was in the room.

"you may be excused then", nobukazu stated.

though just as aisa was about to twist the handle, her father had promptly stopped her.

"by the way, you should really be aware of how you treat duke akashi's son. don't think that I didn't notice the collars that you forced them to wring around their necks", nobukazu warned.

"they're not collars, father. they're just jewelry, but I'll keep your words in mind. thank you".

as soon as the doors had opened and closed, aisa's mood had turned sour after finding out that her angered stepmother had left a red handprint on hanamiya's face.