Chapter 1: Wrath

Gavin was a very peculiar person, he was secretive, his anger was just a front, something to hide his emotions under. Many people in the DPD office were fearful of him, which wasn't surprising, he was forever snapping and snarling at his colleagues. Again, this was just a front, years of neglecting his feelings had led him into a deep pit of sorrow.

He had only opened up to his close friend, Tina; amazingly she had managed to scratch through the surface of his tough exterior. He trusted her, with all his heart, even with his deepest secret.

~
Monday mornings, oh how dreadful they were, I mean come on, nobody likes them, right? It's always so dull in the morning, especially if you have a hang over, like young Gavin here.

"Morning Gav" Tina beams, swirling the steaming coffee around in her cup.

"Nmh~ morning" Gavin stumbled onto his seat, resting his head in his hands.

"Rough night?" she let out a small chuckle, looking down at him.

"I am..never touching alcohol again" he places his arms on the table, burying his head into them.

"Sure, how many times have you said that?" She prods his arm, taking a swig of her coffee.

"Go away" he says in a tone that isn't so much angry, as it is annoyed.

"Oh look, here come's that Android, what's his name? Connor?" she nudges Gavin, gently.

"Ugh phUck, that's the last thing I need. A plastic prick pissing me off" he raises his head from his arms, watching the Android swiftly make his way over to the break room.

"Morning Tina, Morning Detective Reed" Connor never dared calling Gavin by his first name, not like he does with Tina, he didn't feel safe near Gavin.

"Morning Connor!" her smile was soft and heart-warming, 'such a nice thing to see on a Monday morning' Connor thought.

"what do you want? don't have other people to annoy?" Gavin slouches in his chair, pulling at his hair.

"I was just getting Hank some coffee, I just wanted to be friendly" Connor's LED flashes yellow for a few seconds, as he steps back, twiddling his thumbs behind his back.

"Yeah, well don't 'be friendly', you're annoying. We don't want to talk to a prick like you" Gavin gets up from his seat, walking up to Connor and purposely shoving him with his shoulder.

Connor couldn't handle it anymore. The constant disrespect, the bullying, he was done with it.

"And what makes me a Prick, Detective? Hmm?!" Connor grabs the sides of Gavin's jacket, pinning him against the wall "I've been nothing but nice to you and you throw it in my fucking face!" he knots his eyebrows together, biting the inside of his cheek until thirium oozed out.

Hank had noticed the commotion that was occurring and rushed up towards them. Gavin was speechless, he looked like a child being scolded, it was quite funny.

"Hey, hey, hey, son, let go" Hank placed his hand on Connor's shoulder, but to his surprise, Connor pushed him, knocking him to the floor.

The rage eventually seeped away, leaving Connor to take in what he had just done. He released Gavin, staring down at his father figure, on the floor.

"I-i'm... I'm sor- I-" he quickly backs away, sprinting towards the exit, tears flooding his eyes.

Once he got outside, he screamed, he screamed so loud, he slammed his fists at the wall, he pulled his hair, roughly, whilst falling to the floor. He broke. He didn't know what it was, he was completely fine this morning, something had switched inside him.

Hank rushed out the entrance doors, startling Connor a little. Hank wasn't angry, of course he wasn't, he understood what Connor was feeling, so he slowly walked up to him, kneeling down and wrapping his arms around him. Connor sobbed, tears soaking Hank's coat, he was rapidly breathing, his system was overheating quickly.

"It's okay son, I'm not mad" Hank's voice was calm and comforting.

"I- I didn't mean to hu- hurt you Hank, I swear. I didn't, I didn't, I didn't" he repeated, choking on his words.

"I know my boy, I know" Hank hushed him, swaying him from side to side "should we go back in, are you okay with that?" He suggested, ruffling his son's hair.

"I'm okay with that. I'm okay.." Connor stood up, rubbing the tears out of his eyes.

They walked back up to the office, everyone stared at them, Connor felt judged, but he ignored the feeling. On the other hand, Gavin felt something he hadn't felt in a while,

Regret.