Chapter 5: loverboy

Connor and Gavin had been playing games for hours, the day had zoomed past. Well, Gavin was the one playing the games, Connor just sat back and observed.

"It's getting quite late, would you like me to go soon?" Connor rested his hands on his knees, looking at Gavin.

"You can stay the night.. if you'd like. I haven't had company for this long in pfft- forever, basically" Gavin puts down the controller, looking back at Connor.

"I'll get you some blankets.. you can sleep on the couch- or wait, do you sleep?" Gavin tilts his head, raising his eyebrows.

"I don't sleep, however I do have a recharging mode, which is similar to sleeping" he smiles at Gavin.

"You Androids are so weird" Gavin laughs, getting up from the couch.

"I could say the same about you humans" connor chuckles a bit, taking off his jacket.

"I'll be back in a minute" Gavin walks out the room, going to find a blanket.

Connor scans Gavin's living room, look at the shelf of vinyl records, 'never seen these before' Connor thought to himself. Gavin came back down, throwing the blanket onto the couch.

"thank you" connor smiled, setting up his bed "I'll inform Hank that I'm staying at yours for the night" he said, blinking his eyes quickly "okay, there we go" he smiles.

"Woah- that was quick. You can message Hank by blinking? That's crazy.. you're like a walking talking iPhone" He laughs, putting a pillow down.

"I guess you could say that" Connor rolls his eyes, playfully.

"I'm gonna get some sleep, night connor" Gavin leaves the room, walking up the stairs.

"Goodnight" Connor lays down, pulling the blanket over him.

He switches himself to his recharging mode, closing his eyes. He enters the 'Zen Garden', which would normally would have Amanda inside it, but once Connor arrives there, he realises Gavin is there. 'How?' He thought to himself.

He approaches Gavin, who was sat on a bench. Tilting his head, he stares at him, shocked.

"What are you doing here?" He asked Gavin, stepping back a bit.

"Well, Connor, don't ask me, ask yourself. You must be thinking about Gavin a lot" Gavin, or well, Connor's representation of Gavin, stands up.

"but.. this is crazy! Where did Amanda go?" Connor looks around, at a loss for words.

"She isn't here anymore. Just me. it looks like you got yourself a little Android crush" he laughs, folding his arms.

"That's impossible! Androids can't fall in love!" Connor shakes his head, frantically throwing his hands about.

"Look at Markus and North, they are in love, right? You're a deviant now, so who says you can't love too?" He raises his eyebrows, opening his arms up and then sitting back down.

"I was designed to- to destroy! I wasn't designed to fall in love!" Connor gripped his hair tightly, panicking.

"It isn't a bad thing, Connor. It means you're alive" he said.

Connor opens his eyes, coming back to reality. He looks around, breathing heavily. He shuts his eyes again, going back to the Zen Garden.

"This is crazy! There must be a bug in my program" he gets up, walking up and down the room, muttering to himself.

"Connor, you're a deviant now, you are going to get these feelings from time to time. Look, there is no use denying it, you either tell him, or you just deal with these emotions on your own" Gavin, walks up to Connor, looking him in the eyes "you go to him and make things right, okay?" He puts his hand on Connor's shoulder.

"What if he freaks out? He barely wants to be my friend!" Connor throws his hands about, stressing.

"you really think that? Look how much he has opened up to you, if he didn't want to be your friend, then he would've stayed quiet" Gavin furrows his eyebrows, folding his arms.

"I guess.. I don't know, I'm confused" Connor sighs, holding his head in his hands.

"Love can be confusing" Gavin shrugs, walking back to the bench.

Opening his eyes, Connor comes back to reality, looking up at the ceiling. He rolls onto his side, cuddling up with the blankets. Heavy footsteps make their way down the creaky staircase, making connor's ears prick up. He turned his head, looking over to the living room door. A tired Gavin walks past the living room and into the kitchen. Connor, curious as ever, gets up, following him.

"Are you alright, Gavin?" Connor steps into the kitchen, blinking slowly.

"Oh fucking hell connor-" Gavin turns around, taking in a deep breath "you scared the fuck outta me" he leans against the kitchen countertop, sighing.

"I didn't mean to startle you. Why are you up this late?" Connor tilts his head, putting his hands behind his back.

"um.. I couldn't sleep- hey how about you? Why are you up?" Gavin furrows his eyebrows, looking at Connor through the darkness.

"Well, you know I do not sleep, so I heard you come down the stairs" he lied, thinking back to the moment in the Zen Garden.

"Oh.. right" he nodded, turning to grab a glass, then filling it with water.

"Any particular reason that you could not sleep?" Connor leans against the doorframe.

"What- oh um.. no, I just couldn't fall asleep" Gavin also lied, knowing he had also had a dream about Connor.

"Your stress levels are fairly high, anything bothering you?" Connor asked, bringing his hands in front of him.

"Will you stop fucking scanning me? I'm fine.." he became hostile, feeling quite defensive, since his emotions were overbearing.

"My apologies, Gavin, it won't happen again" connor looked down at the kitchen tiles, sighing.

"Just.. go back to sleep- or whatever the fuck" Gavin shook his head, taking a swig of his water.

"Of course.." connor turned around, heading back to the living room.

"fucking androids" Gavin thought to himself.