Chapter 2: Amends

The sound of silence was deafening. The whole office just sat back and observed Connor, it did make him uneasy of course, but he just focused on Hank. But, overtime, the dozens of eyes did start to set him off a little.

"Dad? They won't stop staring" he half-whispers wrapping his arms around his torso, feeling quite insecure.

"Don't pay attention, Son. You just gave everyone quite a shock, that's all" Hank gently placed his hand on Connor's knee, giving him a reassuring pat.

Nodding his head slowly, Connor looks down at his feet, avoiding eye contact with everybody. Hank sighs and goes back to looking at reports.

"Plasti- Uh.. I mean, Connor? Could I speak with you" Gavin approaches Connor, biting the skin on his lip a little.

"What is it?" Connor says, coldly, gritting his teeth.

"Just come with me" Gavin gestures, walking away.

"Fine" Connor glares, getting up from the desk that he was sat on.

Gavin lead Connor into the break room, thankfully it was empty at the time. Connor folded his arms across his chest, shaking his head is disgust.

"Talk then!" Connor furrowed his eyebrows in rage, fighting back the urge to punch him.

"Connor, calm down" Gavin raises his hands up in defence, stepping back.

"Calm down? Why should i?!" He growls, his LED flashed red, his hand tightening into a fist.

"I came to apologise, asshole! Whatever, forget it" Gavin leans against the wall, sighing in fury.

"what?" The Android tilted his head, his LED flashing back to blue.

"You heard me" Gavin's jaw tensed as he clenched his teeth together.

Connor was speechless, he just stood there, in disbelief. He just could not find the words, or well he thought of words, he just couldn't get them out.

"You should go" Gavin scrunched his scarred-nose "go on, get outta here!" he tried not to be too aggressive, as he already had a warning from Fowler, his boss.

Obeying, Connor stepped out of the break room, speed-walking over to his dad. Hank's eyes shifted from the paperwork to his son, he tried to find some sort of emotion, but he was unable to read Connor.

"Son? What happened?" Hank placed his cold hand onto Connor, causing Connor to flinch.

"I want to go home" he said quietly, folding his arms across his chest.

"What happened in there, Connor? Did that bastard hurt you?! If he fucking laid a hand on you I'll-" Hank was overly protective of Connor, I don't blame him, after losing his son, I'd be like that too.

"No, it's okay Dad! He..he wanted to apologise, but I got angry" Connor held Hank back, stopping him from going towards Gavin.

"That doesn't sound like him" Hank scoffs, relaxing a little.

"I know, it left me speechless. I should've heard him out, it's better to be civil, than to be hostile" he rubs the back of his neck, his eyes fixated on the floor.

"You have every right to be angry, you can't trust that asshole" Hank simply pulled Connor into a hug.

Hank made Connor feel so safe, he felt at home when Hank was around. Although he may be an angry old man, Connor looked up to him, just like Cole did. Sometimes Hank looks
at Connor and he sees Cole, it does sadden him of course, but he is glad that he has someone he can call a Son.

~time skip~

Throwing stuff, screaming, crying, Gavin was lashing out, which isn't surprising, he does this a lot. He has always had a problem with his anger, which was caused by him holding in his emotions.

Gavin looked over at his pet cat, Gemini, she meowed with sadness, watching as her owner tore up the place. Letting out a long sigh, Gavin walks over to his cat, running his fingers through her perfectly-conditioned-fur.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, I didn't mean to frighten you" his voice mellowed out, as stroking his cat was quite therapeutic for him.

Gemini chirped, rubbing against his hand, her tail flicking up in the air. Gavin scanned his room, frowning at the mess. There were cushions scattered everywhere, a broken vase was sprawled out across the floor, it was terrible. He hated cleaning up after lashing out, it made him feel sorry for himself.

~~~~~

A/N: sorry these chapters are quite short- I HAVE NO MOTIVATION *cries*