Three - Like Day And Night

"The wars of liberation sparked first interest for liberal nationalism in whole Europe..." Ms. Wang's dull voice hollered through the classroom, accompanied by the steady scratching of chalk against blackboard, "France's July Revolution is an important checkpoint in it's path to democracy."

Your fingers gripped the worn pencil tightly, knuckles turning white while all you could do was stare at the boy sitting on top of your history teacher's desk.

He was staring at you menacingly, wide grin showing off pointy canines, eyes crinkled up as he watched you in amusement, one leg thrown over the other while he leaned back on his palms, no one else seeming to even fucking notice him.

No matter how you tried to put it, you were the only one showing any kind of reaction towards the black-haired boy sitting right in front of the class. It felt like being caught up in a dream, one where you were powerless to the honestly ridiculous things happening to you.

"I'm going crazy." You mumbled to yourself, the steady chalk-scratching stopping.

"Can everyone follow?" Ms. Wang asked, pointedly looking at you.

You scowled at her, nodding along with the rest of the class.

So she can hear me mumble in the back of the class, but she can't see the guy sitting right in front of her face?

"Good, if everyone got that, I'd like you to look at the text on page forty two and then comment on it in a short, written statement."

Faintly, your eyes hushed downwards, to the book that was resting on top of your table, and then back to the desk - where Jimin had been sitting on a second ago.

"Distracted?"

You flinched back when you heard his voice above you, shrinking into your seat when the ghost came a little too close for comfort, floating over your head. His hands were resting on either side of the back of your chair, leaning forward curiously while he scanned the text you were supposed to be reading, his upper body shielding your eyes from the ceiling lamp.

"Go. Away." You breathed, impossibly quiet in hopes of evading Ms. Wang's super human hearing.

"Do you like history class?"

"I said leave!" You whisper-yelled, making your teacher clear her throat with a cocked brow.

He leaned even further down, legs now thrown in the air as his face was hovering very closely over your textbook. Pissed, you waved your hand around in front of your face, making him back off offended, "Don't do that! That's weird!" He frowned displeased.

„Are you kidding me? You think just floating over my table is less weird?!" You really wished you'd be able to physically harm this guy.

„Y/N? Are you okay?" Ryujin ogled you weirdly from her seat on your right - to her you must've looked silly, talking to yourself and waving around randomly.

„What? Sorry." You laughed embarrassed, quickly hefting your eyes back onto the text in front of you.

"Y/N, huh?" Jimin hummed pleased, taking in a relaxed vertical position in the air next to you, as if he was laying down somewhere, cheek resting in his palm as he eyed you with alarming satisfaction.

It only then occurred to you that you never told him your name. "God damn." You gritted out a little too loud, making your teacher bang her book against her desk with a vexed expression.

"That's enough Y/N. Detention after class."

Jimin snickered, delicate hand held in front of his lips as if he actually meant to hide his glee.