Six - Taunting, Like Cat And Mouse

The library looked a lot less dramatic during a busy school day, you decided. There were groups of students chatting and studying together around the sturdy tables in the middle of the room and instead of dim lamps was the place illuminated by bright, natural sunlight.

It bugged you, that you were back here already after one day only, after you had spent so much time with ignoring the problem named "Jimin".

But you couldn't deny it anymore - something had to be done, and you simply knew too little about the whole situation to do anything. Hence why you were currently striding towards the tired looking librarian, who's interest was solely concentrated on the steaming cup of coffee clutched in her hands.

"Excuse me." You cleared your throat, making the middle aged lady look up idly, "Could you please tell me where I can find Mr. Kim?"

"Who?"

"Kim Namjoon."

The librarian smiled confused, "I don't know anyone with that name, are you sure you got the right one?"

Do you think I'm stupid?, was what you wanted to say, but your dad didn't raise no impolite brat, so you smiled and nodded, "Yes. But it doesn't matter, I'm sure I can help myself." You didn't need to talk to Mr. Kim, if you couldn't find him. Any other teacher would do as well, after all.

"Alright, if you say so." The woman waved dismissively.

"Oh, Y/N!" You turned around alarmed, seeing Ryujin walk towards you with a box full of old DVDs, "Can you help me with those real quick?"

"No, Ryu, I really don't have time right now-"

"Ahh, it's no trouble really, just bring them to the physics room." She beamed widely, promptly pressing the box into your arms, "Thank you so much, you're always so helpful."

"I din't say yes." You grunted dryly, unable to just drop the box and leave her with it nonetheless. Research could wait for now.

"Thank youuu!"

"Shut up."

Ryujin laughed, watching you leave the library with a gloomy look.

___

The ghost's eyes shot open when she set foot into the corridor - prompt disappointment making it's way into him.

Has he really waited all this time outside the library just to loose her to one of her little friends? It's not like he was burning up to spent alone time together, but how else was he supposed to get to know her as quickly as possible?

Jimin noticed the huge box she was carrying a little too late. "Huh?" Intrigued, he followed the two girls.

"Oi, what are you carrying?" He floated above the two girl's heads, peeking into the package - just a bunch of dusty DVDs, hell these existed even to his times.

Of course, the girl didn't answer, having become a pro at acting as if there wasn't a ghost talking to her concerningly fast.

The other girl, the one with the short, blond hair, was carrying nothing on the other hand, besides a single, silver key, chatting happily and acting as if Y/N wasn't actively ignoring her as well. Poor girl, Jimin really related to her in this one.

As much as Jimin tried to overplay it, it really sucked - of all the sensing kids that could've stumbled into his bathroom, it had to be such an oddball.

Most girls would've been freaked out of their minds, naturally so, a reaction Jimin was prepared for and knew how to use to his advantage.

But this deep, absolute disinterest Y/N was showing off, was making his job so much harder.