Five - Scholar's Concern

"You leaving this late?" Dad's head peeked past the kitchen door, eyeing me throwing on my coat in mild surprise, "I thought you hate after-school clubs."

I smiled faintly, pocketing keys and phone, "I do. I just- I got curious about something."

"Is that so?" He seemed confused - rightfully so, as he's never seen his daughter willfully go to school past her required class period.

All I could hope for was that Jimin wouldn't turn up all of a sudden - something was telling me that the ghost shouldn't find out that I was interested in anything concerning him, other than complaining about his companionship at every moment given.

My school's library, as I found out today, was unnecessarily dramatic. Instead of bright, white lamps did it have dim, orange ones, illuminating the book shelves ominously during a raging thunderstorm like the one that day. Constant rumbling of thunder outside the building accompanied me while I was striding past the endless rows of books, hoping to find something in our old school records.

A students death, that I knew, wouldn't go unmentioned. Even if it was just an article, written by an amateur writer in one of the research clubs. 

Of course, I'd only find something if Jimin had actually been a student here and wasn't just wearing our uniform for funsies. Now that would be frustrating.

I wasn't too sure about what I was searching for, so I just gathered all kind of helpful looking documents, carrying them to one of the heavy oak tables in the middle of the room, where I unloaded them.

A lightning flashing past the large, dust stained window made me flinch, before I finally sat down and got to work.

"The library's closing, I'll have to ask you to leave." I shrieked back when a warm voice startled me out of my thoughts, the stern but handsome face of a teacher I hadn't ever met before standing a little too close behind me, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Well, thats too bad 'cause you just fucking did.

I got up from my chair, hurriedly picking up the endless amount of folders I had ended up bringing along, "Of course, I'll leave in five minutes, I'm sorry."

The teacher's thick rimmed glasses slid down his nose when he cocked his head to the side and smiled, dimples deepening, "Don't worry about it, I can't possibly hold it after a student to get so lost in a book. Or, well, whatever you are readi-"

"It's a project." I came to answer a little too quick to sound casual, trying to unsuspiciously hide the label on the front folder.

His smile faltered slightly, light of the dim reading lamp behind me reflecting in his glasses when he eyed me, "May I ask what project? It sounds interesting."

"It's..." He was a teacher, maybe he knew something? Although he looked pretty young - not old enough to be coming from a time from when students were still wearing the kind of uniform Jimin wore, "Significant events in our school's history."

"Oh? Did you find something interesting?"

"Not really." Apparently my school's fucking boring, "Do you perhaps have any recommendations Mr. - uh..."

"Kim." He smiled again, "Kim Namjoon. And no, off the top of my head I don't have anything." His voice lowered, something weird mixing into it, "I'll think about it, maybe I can help you."