Sick, Sick, Sick [08]

Oh how she hated the feeling of water - any type for that argument - showering was more bearable than bathing though, the thought of being submerged in water only brought back bad memories. So she focused on the wall in front of her, black tiles that travelled up the roof: so glossy she could see her reflection.

She wondered what the boy was looking at, she didn't have anything on her face, did she? She washed her face just in case. She let her hands run down her face, as she recounted what had happened in the hall only moments before. Alexis let out a groan. She couldn't be getting close with the tributes, it'll only hurt more if she fails to help them.

Finally she stepped out of the shower and dried herself down, the smell of vomit had disappeared and was now replace with vanilla and cinnamon. Alexis rummaged through her closet to find a pair of pyjamas, silk, like Haymitch's but a deep blue. She slid them on and slipped on a pair of socks before leaving her room, in the hall she quickly ran her fingers through her hair, trying to get as many knots out at which she could.

Once she entered the cart, it was noticeably darker, the sun had already set. She looked over the table to see the abundance of rich food that covered every inch of it. Alexis noticed the fact that Haymitch was not there and had realised that he actually went to sleep when she told him too. Katniss and Effie were already at the table, Katniss looking almost overwhelmed at the fact there was that much on the table. "Right, so..." Alexis begins after sitting down at the table, but she was cut off by the door opening, she didn't need to look to know who it was.

Peeta stepped briskly over to the table, sitting down next to Katniss, muttering a quick 'sorry' before Alexis started back up. "Uh, after dinner, we will be watching videos from today's Reaping. I'm hoping you'll get some sort of idea of who you're up against." Alexis continued while looking at both the tributes, "After that, I want you to watch the end matches of the past Games, which will be from the 60th to the 73rd. Maybe then you'll get an idea of a game plan..."

Katniss and Peeta nod, seemingly attached to everyone of Alexis' words, they must of realised that this could be the best advice they were going to get from a mentor, due to Haymitch's display earlier. "Well, that is for later," Effie started, "But for now, we eat.."  The food was then served to all of them; meat of every kind, vegetables, fruits, weird sauces, anything they could imagine, they received.

Alexis watched over the two teens as they ate, they had eaten with such poise, although you could tell that they were starving, Katniss more than Peeta. But Alexis got it. Like Alexis, Katniss was also from the Seam where food is more scarce, compared to the Merchant Section - where Peeta is from.

Once everyone was finished, Katniss, Peeta and Alexis moved into a cart with one of the Capitols TVs. The timing almost seemed perfect because as Alexis turned it on, the Panem Anthem began playing, it was time for the Reaping Recap.

The three teenagers watched as tributes volunteered from Districts One and Two. "Careers." Alexis stated, "Those one's," she says as points to the screen as District Two showed, "They seem the strongest. Careers are known to group up, it's very rare they fight each other at the start. Stay away from them. If my mentoring teaches you anything, it's to stay away from them."

Alexis begins to get comfy of the chair that she is sitting in, bringing her knees to her chest and hugging them. Her chin rested on her knees as they continued to watch the Reapings, the only ones that took Alexis' attention was a boy from 6, a girl from 7 and the two tributes from 11.

Then it was District 12, she saw herself on stage, it made her think about how she's going to be doing this for the rest of her life. Being the 'beautiful' girl they want her to be, she begun to think I'd she was going to end up like Finnick... She shook the thought from her head as she heard the sound of Katniss on the screen, screaming out for her little sister. "I know your sister..." I say softly while looking towards her, "Almost everyone in the district adores her, she's always so sweet whenever you talk to her."

Katniss looks over with an unreadable look, "How'd you meet her?"

A small smile graces Alexis' face as she thought of the time, "She was only little, around 7? I was walking out of school and I saw her giving out little dandelions to people leaving, she must of been waiting for you. She gave me one, I don't remember what she said exactly, but all I remember is how happy I made me... it made my week." Alexis finished as she let out a small, breathy laugh, causes a smile to make its way onto Katniss' face.

"Yeah, she's always been kind," Katniss said as she looked back to the screen to see herself making her way into the stage, her friend pulling small Prim out of the way, "Prim has always put others before herself, I wasn't about to let her get killed." Once Katniss had finished, on the screen Effie had called out Peeta's name, and Alexis' eyes drifted over to him, watching the screen with a sad look, however it was almost as though he was mad. She looked back to the screen to see the final shot of the two, but she looked at herself, anyone with a brain could tell she was looking at Peeta. She's really not as subtle as she think she is.

The look on her face was a mixture of recognition, sadness, confusion and worst of all - in her situation - lust.

"Okay." She said quickly as she switched the channel, "Now you know what you're up against."

"There was twelve year olds..." Peeta breathed as he gestured towards the screen.

Alexis nodded slightly, "Yeah..." she said as she closed her eyes briefly, "Please, unless your life actually depends on it, don't be the person to kill a twelve year old. It's just wrong that twelve year olds are put in, they are little kids." She opens her eyes to see Peeta looking directly at her. He goes to say something but decides against it, "What?"

"It's nothing..." He breathes while adjusting his place on the seat.

"No say it." Alexis pushes, causing Peeta to say what was on his mind.

"You were only fourteen." He lets out, she both expected it and unexpected it, "You were just a kid too."

There was a moment of silence before Alexis spoke up, "We are all kids." It hurt but it was the truth, the truth that nobody wanted to say. That they couldn't say. It came out of her mouth with ease, like soap against oil, but once it was said the weight of those four words set in. If anyone from the Capitol had heard, she would be executed. They wouldn't somehow come up with an explanation for her death, like attacked by an animal or some other grisly demise. "Time for the past games." She said after a minute, turning away from Peeta and facing the screen.

As they watched through the the many finales, she saw victors that she considered her friends, Finnick Odair, Annie Cresta and a girl who won just before Alexis, Johanna Mason. At first Alexis wasn't so fond of the girl but when Finnick and her became close friends, Johanna came along.

Then it was the 72nd Hunger Games Finale, Alexis adjusted herself of the chair yet again, uncomfortable the relive these events through a screen. But she watched anyhow. It began when the small group of Alexis, Dustin and the four careers were walking around the arena. The boy with auburn hair looked as terrifying as ever, how could she ever of trusted him?

The careers where looking for the big front district 7 and then, the large group had decided to split up and go every man for themselves.

That never happened.

Once the careers had found and killed the boy, thats when the hunt began. Giving the fourteen-year-olds no warning before running after them, calling out that they should "stop running," "we're not gonna hurt ya", "okay, well maybe a little."

Inside the train, Katniss, Peeta and Alexis watched as the boy with auburn hair murdered Dustin, giving no remorse, throwing his body to the side like it was nothing. Hot tears fell down Alexis' cheeks, when she looked to her side she saw Peeta had the same reaction, though he was quick to wipe them away. However she allowed them to stain her face, it hurt, she wanted to get up and leave, but she only had to get through this and one more finale.

Finally she watched her great escape, and final battle, killing all four of the careers, no remorse given. She wanted to be sick, she felt the hot bile coming up her throat. Without a second though she clicked to the last finale, "Just watch this last one... then you can go to bed." And with that Alexis quickly stood up and briskly walked out of the cart and too her room. Once there, she beelined it to the bathroom where she finally threw up.