Games [19]

10

Alexis stood in the viewing room; she held her fingers, cracking each of her knuckles out of anxiousness.

9

The small group stood with her - Haymitch, Finnick and Mags - all looking up at the screen with worried faces.

8

The timer was counting down, it was almost time for bloodshed.

7

Nobody spoke in the room of mentors; past victors who had to train and send new tributes into the games, only for all but one of them to die.

6

The cameras began to pan around each of the tributes, it hanging on to some longer than others.

5

Suddenly, a familiar face was locked in the screen, Katniss. Showing her to be looking at someone, everyone was wondering who. Was it a career? Someone she wanted to team with? Peeta?

4

The cameras answered everyone's thoughts; it ended up being the latter.

3

A pain shot through Alexis as she saw Peeta, he was clearly looking at Katniss. Although, he looked to be slowly shaking his head at her.

2

The camera then cut to a wide shot of all the tributes, knowing that some of those kids will tie in the first minute. It made Alexis sick.

1

Then everyone took in a collective breath just before the gong sounded, everyone hoping and praying that one of their tributes win. Although, Alexis was hoping for more, she was hoping for both her tributes to come out alive - they just had to sell it.

The gong sounded and they were off.

Alexis scanned the wide screen for Peeta before it showed who she was looking for. He began sprinting off into the forest. Unlike Alexis' arena, it was thick with forest, the cornucopia in what seemed to be the only clearing. On one side of the large map, an enormous lake stood still, whereas the other was thick forest with small streams and ponds. It would be easy to hide traps or cameras in the dense canopy.

The girls eyes landed on Katniss, she was fighting with the girl from district two, Clove. It seemed that Clove was engaging on Katniss, as she was the one with a pack. Clove had thrown a few knives before Katniss took off, running into the cover of the trees.

Alexis let out a sigh as she turned back from the big screen, walking over to the paper white couch in the corner of the large room. She knew they were both alive for the moment. She sat down as ran over hands over her face, it was obvious she had been crying over 20 minutes ago but no one had commented on it.

She felt someone sit down next to her and put their arm around her shoulders. The arm was familiar to her, she didn't even need to look at the man. He didn't speak for a moment, allowing Alexis to lean into his touch. "I know." Finnick's voice was low and soft, comforting the girl. "Just don't say anything..."

The girl understood, she couldn't say her thoughts while under the watchful eyes of the Capitol. However, she let out a small breath before looking up to the man, "I just hope they are okay."

He didn't say anything, though it seemed like he zoned out before looking up and pulling the girl closer to him.

She had leant further into Finnicks touch, slowly closing her eyes. Then, she heard his voice on the screen, "Peeta?" She breathed as she looked over to the big screen to show Peeta slowly walking towards a group of people.

"Hey..." He breathed, terror was clear in his voice as the camera zoned in on who he was talking to. The boy from two, Cato. Alexis rose to her feet, leaving Finnick behind and slowly walked towards the screen.

"No.." She whispered, scared for the boy. Had they not spoken about this earlier?

Peeta continued towards the group, his hands in the air, "You're from twelve." Cato pointed out only for Peeta to nod, "You could be useful." He looked towards the group before the other boy spoke.

"You're the one in love with fire girl." The boy - Marvel - spoke up, Peeta again nodded.

"You know where she is?" Cato asked while pointing a knife at Peeta.

Alexis' breath hitched.

Peeta shook his head, "Not exactly," he started, "But I can find her, you know, track her down."

Thats when Alexis figured out what he was doing, he was teaming with them to pull them away from Katniss. But also to find her if they happen too. Although it was risky, he was putting his own life in danger to protect Katniss, to make Alexis' plan work.

Cato thought for a moment, weighing his options, before he handed a machete over to Peeta. And Alexis let out a sigh, this plan better work out.