𝒊𝒊.

𝑱𝑼𝑳𝑰𝑬𝑻𝑻𝑬

→ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 behind the Basilwether residence was beautiful. If you ever walked into it during the autumn, it was a golden view with the colorful leaves falling onto the ground. That's where you could find Tewksbury in the autumn. It was something I learned over the course of knowing him. 

In the winter, he would be in the library or walking within the large hallways of his home. It was his least favorite of the seasons. He preferred the outside. In the summer, he would be in the meadow or inside, escaping the heat. In the spring, he'd be drawing the beauty of it by a window or reading a book on a balcony.

Predictable, he was really. 

Miss Kent had been searching for him everywhere since the early morning. She went to fetch him earlier to have a conversation with his mother, but he disappeared. He wasn't in his room or the library. She had sent a couple of others and I to search for him. Apparently, it was for an important matter. 

I knew the others wouldn't find him. He wasn't as predicable to them as he was to me. So while the others searched the house and the corridors, I snuck into the forest. That would be the only place where he would go.

In the late spring to early summer, he would be in that treehouse of his. It had his books, drawings, collections and many things of his interest. He went there not only when the weather was nice, but when he wanted to be alone. 

I knew it would probably be best for him to be left alone, but I wanted to see him. I wish I didn't, but I did. It wasn't like I could speak to him everyday.

The wind was slowly blowing through the trees and it passed through my hair, lightly. The path to the treehouse wasn't a difficult one, but it was difficult to find if you didn't know where it was. There was a blueberry bush on the left side of the path. If you got off path and went pass the bush, you'd find a dirt path that lead straight to the treehouse. 

When I passed the bush, the bush was just barely growing blueberries. They only started growing in early June. The dirt path was covered in dead leaves. They crunched under my worn out shoes. It wasn't long or far until I passed the large oak tree that Tewks loved to read or simply sit under. 

And there, was where he was. Tewksbury was crouched under the tree, unbothered while collecting what appeared to be wild mushrooms. He's had a fascination for plants and herbs and all types of agriculture ever since his father taught him.

He hadn't heard me or else he would have turned to see me. His face was concentrated on the book he was reading. I stepped forward when I stopped. There was creaking. A slow groan coming from the tree that sunk fear into my stomach. Gazing up, I noticed a large tree branch splitting in half. 

In a blink of an eye, the branch was hanging by a thread. It was going to fall. It was going to crush whoever was underneath it. It was going to kill whoever was underneath the tree. 

Tewksbury.

A louder, much more massive, groan from the tree pushed me out of my head and it did the same for Tewksbury. He glanced up, face turning pale. My blood rushing and adrenaline pumped up, I rushed forward. I don't remember calling out his name, but I felt it draw from my lips. If I did say it, I didn't hear it at all. All I did recall was my body colliding with his as the branch finally gave away.

" Jules, Jules, JULIETTE!" 

My eyes shot open. I hadn't realized that I had closed them. Tewksbury was shaking me like a rag doll. His eyes were wild and his hair was all in his face.