𝒊𝒊𝒊.

𝑻𝑬𝑾𝑲𝑺𝑩𝑼𝑹𝒀

→ 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 the walls of my home and the fields of it was easier than many would think. With the multitude of doors and windows in the large estate, there no simpler task. I didn't have a doubt in my mind that no one would find me when I didn't want to be found, but there was always one person that could find me. 

Miss Juliette Belle would always find me, no matter where I was.

Two mornings after my escape from the branch (and night with Juliette), I was awoken rather horrible way. My mother was dragging me out of my bed and I was still half in my sleep as I got dressed. I didn't have a chance for breakfast either until I was taken to my uncle's office to help with "estate matters". 

Estate matters included understanding what I would be doing in the later future when I came back from the army. I didn't dare do or say anything that would have alluded to the fact of the matter that I had no intent in joining the army. My uncle was a decorated veteran for the British Army and it would be disrespectful to say anything other than the highest regards for him and the army.

Midday meal came around the same time when my Uncle was called for urgent matters in London. It was usually light, but it would get me through the day. Both my mother and uncle were absent due to work. However, my grandmother was present, so she was sitting with me in the garden for our meal. 

The weather outside was exceptional with a nice sky and different shaped clouds. The breeze was rather comforting and so was the view. 

Grandmother chatted for the most part and went on and on about some reform coming up. I didn't hear what she said on her opinion about it, but I only nodded in agreement.

Staring off into the distance, I noticed a pair of women walking down the dirt pathway of the garden with baskets in their hands. A small smile made its way onto my mouth. 

There were certain moments where a little light came into my life and she was usually working in the garden in the day. For an odd second, she glanced over before turning back to her friend - I believed her name was Florence - but the corner of her lips was turned upwards. 

Me, she's thinking about me. If only she knew how much I thought about her.

There was so much that many didn't know about the history between Juliette and I. But no could know. No one could ever know. I couldn't see her much of the time because of my " work" and she had duties as well. I hated it. I hated how we couldn't acknowledge each other simply because she was a servant girl and I was soon to be the head of the estate.

She soon disappeared, possibly into the kitchen, and I turned back to watching the sky.

" Tewksbury, my darling." My head turned to my grandmother calling my name. 

" Yes?" 

" I understand you are struggling with the death of your father. I am mourning too, but tonight, I need you to not disappear. Can you do for me?" She spoke softly and it reminded me of when I was child.

" Why?" I sounded suspicious to her, I know, but she kept her tone soft.

" Don't you remember? Our guests are coming tonight - Count and Countess Lester with their daughter."