Chapter 1

Authors Note: I have decided to restart the story. If anyone has any suggestions of where to go with the story, im all ears. I love reading all of your lovely comments <3 without further ado, let us begin

Zarah's PoV:
127. Thats how many night furies are left. Seems like a lot, I mean, compared to what most humans believe. We all stay in the hidden world, we don't show ourselves to humans, and rarely even to other dragons. That is, all of us except Barak. He was young, and quite foolish. He went wherever he pleased, and his mother was to sick to stop him. He always returned fine, until last month when he didn't come back.

??? PoV:
"I hit one! I hit one, did anybody see that!?"
The words of a lanky viking. I saw that. I was there. I chased him across the field, knowing he had just struck down the alphas only son. Monsterous Nightmares are known to be one of the strongest dragons to vikings, but they really arn't. The only dragons that attack this small secluded island are weak. The deadly natter, if raised properly, could easily take on one of my kind. But vikings believe the more fire, the worse. I guess they arn't so fire-proof.

Anyways, yes. The small boy managed to shoot down the alphas son, Barak. Barak was always a strange name to me, but alpha Anemone says it means lightning. A light furies power, that somehow Barak hadn't even learned to use until just recently. I hear screaming and footsteps, it's the alpha of the humans. I know i won't make it through this day, i know.