Chapter Thirty Four - We Meet Again

You, Gladion, Mei and Yuki were walking through town. To your surprise, there weren't as many people out as you thought there'd be. Rather than streets filled with busy trainers and travelers, the road was mostly empty; making it feel somewhat haunted. The few people and shop owners that were there were hurrying home.

"Hey, what's up with all these people?" You asked, grabbing the group's attention.

"No idea," Yuki replied, stuffing a malasada in his mouth.

"Don't you think it's a little weird that no one's here?" You pressed, feeling the urge to puff out your cheeks.

"A little," Mei chimed in. "Well, I suppose it could be the upcoming weather."

"Upcoming weather?" You echoed, glancing up at the sky. Every cloud was gray, slowly turning darker and darker.

'When did that happen?' You thought. 'I planned out a time where it would still be sunny!'

"It's probably nothing," Yuki insisted. "I highly doubt it'll rain though. That takes more time than just a few seconds!"

Seemingly on the spot, you felt a raindrop land on your nose. Then another. Then another.

"You were saying?" You goaded, a small smirk planted on your face.

"Oh haha--"

"Guys," Gladion interrupted, pointing up at the sky. "This is manual rain."

You looked up, focusing on the clouds for a few seconds. The clouds were bunched up into a large patch above you, pouring down harder and harder. When you tried stepping away from its downpour, it followed your movements.

"This has got to be the work of some kind of Pokemon," Gladion noted, crossing his arms. "For some reason, it wants to target us."

"But why?" You wondered aloud. "Does it want us to head inside?"

"Y/N's right, let's just go in! The rain's getting really heavy!" Yuki whined, covering his hair with his hands.

He was right. By now, your (H/C) hair was sopping wet. Not to mention, your clothes were too.

"Let's head into one of these shops," Gladion said, wringing water from his soaked hair. "It probably won't follow us in."

"Good thinking!" You chirped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And with that, the four of you headed indoors. You took refuge in the nearest shop, which just happened to be the malasada shop.

"Don't even think about buying more, Yuki," You teased, watching his eyes travel to the display of treats.

"Can't we at least get something warm? I'm freezing!" He whinged.

"Fine." You grumbled, digging money out of your pocket.

Before you walked up to the front desk, you swore you heard Gladion mutter something about the rain. Did it stop? Why all of a sudden? Whatever-- that didn't matter. In the meantime, you needed to stay warm.

Surprisingly enough, there was one worker who stuck around. They were turned around, fiddling with something you guessed was a spatula. You cleared your throat.

"Hi, I'd like to order a few coffees, please."

The person turned to face you, leaving you in utter shock. Their familiar pair of emerald eyes bore into your (E/C) ones. She freed her long hair from its bun, letting it fall down her back.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, dear."