Thirty-seven

Jisoo flips every page of the sketchbook, and her tears keep on falling. She can't believe what's happening right now. This is the sketchbook that she gave to mandu before and these are her sketches for mandu.

The memories are flashing back in her mind. From all those happy moments until those days that mandu didn't show up again.

Why?

Why did Jennie lie?

Jisoo was sobbing until she heard a glass fall on the ground. She turned her head to look at it and she saw a broken glass of water on the floor and Jennie was standing at the door with her wide eyes looking at Jisoo who is still crying.

Jisoo looked back to the sketchbook that she's holding. She's trying to calm herself. While Jennie was still standing there, doesn't know what to do, doesn't know what to say, she was lost in words.

Jisoo stopped crying then the room was filled with silence.

"Mandu," Jisoo said coldly as she stands and threw the sketchbook on the bed

When their gazes meet, Jennie can see that Jisoo cried a lot and she can see the anger in Jisoo's eyes. It was the first time seeing Jisoo like this and she knows that she's the reason for it.

Jennie was trying to compose herself, and it was hard because Jisoo was just staring at her, she can see that Jisoo is mad but she doesn't know what else was in Jisoo's mind right now.

"C-chu..." Jennie swallowed the lump on her throat

"Why?"

Jennie's eyes were started to water. She wants to speak but she can't find words.

"WHY?!" Jisoo burst out

Jennie flinched when Jisoo suddenly raised her voice and Jennie's tears started to fall.

"I... le-let me.. explain p-please" Jennie pleaded with a quavering voice

"You... you know that I hate lying, right?....RIGHT?!"

"Chu... I'm s-sorry" Jennie starts sobbing

Jisoo scoffed "Sorry? You're sorry? You're not Jennie. YOU'RE NOT SORRY!"

"I trusted you but... why are you doing this to me, Jennie? Leaving me before without a single word is not enough for you? Is hurting me make you happy? Huh?" Jisoo said looking straight into Jennie's eyes, her eyes were full of anger, sadness, and pain, Jennie can see it and it hurts her seeing Jisoo like this

Jennie found herself walking slowly towards Jisoo. Jennie tried to hold Jisoo's hands but she pulled away and she steps back

"Chu l-let me... explain p-please"

Jisoo shook her head "No. Then what? You're just gonna lie again? Tell me, Jennie, all those things that you showed to me, was that all a lie too?"

"No chu... It was all real"

"You know what, my mind right now is full of whys... Why did you lie to me? why did you leave me before?...why you didn't come back?...why yo-"

"I came back chu... I came back for you before"

 I came back for you before"