30 - goodbyes

The boys had been back from their hike for a while, Quackity falling asleep in the car ride back, being abruptly woken by Sapnap opening the car door and letting him fall out.

They had agreed to just order pizza for dinner, to spend their last night together in a small, staying-in sort of way.

Dream and George had gone to collect it, leaving Sapnap sitting on the sofa, Quackity next to him on the arm chair.

"You alright bro?" asked Sapnap, "you seem a bit quiet"
"Yeh yeh, just a bit bummed about going home" replied a very low energy Quackity.

His knees were pulled up to his chin, his arms wrapped around his shins, head resting on his legs.

"You know, you still have dream, and karl has the mr beast lot - even george has stupid wilbur and tommy" he continued with a smile, "i dunno i'll just be like, alone" he shrugged.

"Yeh it sucks, but we're all only a flight away, even a drive if we really wanted"
"I know i know"
"And anyway, even though i have dream i'll still be missing you bro" Sapnap reassured with a punch to the arm, "You think i don't get sick of his stupid face 24/7?"

"What was that?" asked a voice from behind, belonging to a particular tall blonde haired boy.
"What?! What the- when the fuck did you get here?" questioned Sapnap
"We just walked in" answered George

"Did you see them?" Sapnap asked Quackity, receiving a nod in response. "What the?"

"Yeh we walked in about ten seconds ago, just in time to hear you call my face stupid" announced Dream, approaching him.
"Oh wait, wait wait wait wait wait, i didn't mean it- i mean i was, we were just talking like-

And amidst Sapnap's randomly dramatic attempt at an excuse, Dreams arm managed to make his way around the shorter boy's neck, his other hand into a fist rubbing on his hair.

Various swear words and shouts could be heard from them both, the majority coming from Sapnap, who did manage to fight back, until the whole thing was a confusing tangle of wrestling... or something.

"What are they fighting about?" whispered George to Quackity, who had risen out of his chair to get out of the danger zone.
"Couldn't tell you"

The two boys waited a moment, before turning to eachother , almost a mutual agreement to leave them alone and turn their attention to the pizzas.

They picked up the boxes and opened them up on the table, chucking the napkins from the bag next to them. The two of them were about one slice in each, when two very out of breath people came to join them.

"Finished?" asked George sarcastically
"Heck yeh" replied Dream enthusiastically, the look on Sapnap's face leaving no need for the question of who won the fight to be asked.

"Lucky you George, this is what you have to live with" smiled Quackity
"Yeh idk, i think i changed my mind about that"

That received, well, a lot of blank stares, especially from the blonde next to him, an array of confusion - the joke very clearly not landing.

"Guys i'm kidding, i'm kidding" reassured George, "Jesus" he chuckled.

And after a beat of awkward silence, all four of them just immediately started laughing, the weird feeling in the air being so uncomfortable that all there was to do, was laugh.

It was that moment where it really sunk in for them, that this was their last night together.

And sure, George was going to be in there in a few months, and sure they would see Quackity again, but that would be at another time, in another place, in another moment in their lives. A different moment.