9

I didn't go in the next day. I couldn't face him, now that he's seen what burden I bring with me. I can't believe how my dad insulted him. Sam means so much to me, he makes me feel things I never have before, and now it's ruined.

I feel exhausted, between going to college and doing homework, to the best moments with Sam, to coming home, cooking, cleaning, getting screamed at, I haven't played with my stuffies in weeks, I've been having more and more panic attacks and I just couldn't cope with today. I don't want to go to a dark place, I've been there before, and I'm barely out, I just need a break.

I let myself sleep in until I heard yelling downstairs, footsteps storming up the stairs which made me scramble to stand up. "Why do I have a teacher at my door? Are you skyving young lady," I shook my head, tears in my eyes from being yelled at

"N-no, I'm not feeling well today,"

"Oh you poor baby, don't you know how important education is?"

"I do, I do, I'm sorry, I'll go in tomorrow,"

"Ungrateful child," my dad murmured on his way out, I sat down on the edge of my bed, tears pricking my eyes, blocking out the muffled voices coming from downstairs, jumping slightly when I heard my door squeak open.

I winced, preparing for something, but nothing came, I opened my eyes and saw Sam standing there. I let my tears fall as I ran into his embrace.

He scooped me up, soothingly stroking my hair, twirling the bunches and readjusting the ribbons from when I'd been sleeping, "Baby girl, I was so worried about you when you didn't come in today,"

"I-I'm sorry Sam, I was just tired,"

"That's okay, baby, I'm sorry if I made things worse by coming here, but I wanted to see my princess,"

I giggled slightly as he kissed my cheek, "I told your dad that I could try explain to you the importance of education, but I know you already know, you're one of the best students I've ever had, and I'm so incredibly proud of you,"

I smiled up at him, smirking slightly when I asked, "Only 'one of'?"

He pushed me gently, "Don't start trouble, you, you know you're my favourite,"

"I thought teachers didn't have favourites,"

"I think this is a special case," he murmured, before pressing his lips to mine.

"I should go, don't want your dad suspecting,"

"He's gone out," I sighed, "snooker club"

"Where's your mum?"

"Meetings"

"So... I can do this?" He asked, not waiting for a reply when he pushed me onto my back, fingers moving quickly to my sides as he began to tickle me. I squealed as I tried to escape, giggles falling out of my mouth.

"Sam, stop!" I laughed.

"I love your laugh, princess,"

"I love your laugh, um... why don't you have a nickname?" I asked, head tilting to the side as I sat up, finding my place, straddling his lap.

"You can call me whatever you want, baby,"

"How about... cutie pie! Omg no! Cutie pi, like maths" I burst into a fit of giggles as he stared fondly at me.

"That is a great name, thank you Little one,"

He looked around my room a little, and I suddenly felt self conscious of the pink and stuffies and the girly 'babyish' clothes as people had called them. "I love your room, baby, it's almost as pretty as you,"

I blushed, smiling as I leant into his side.