10

Sitting in class, watching Sam hand out the papers, I looked nervously to my side, I hadn't seen Poppy in weeks again, I hope she's okay.

I saw a lot of frowning faces around the room, it was a hard test, I guess people didn't do as well as they'd hoped, I won't be getting my hopes up then. I've been trying so hard, I really want Sam to be proud of me, and I know he says he is, but he's so smart, I want to show him I can be too.

Sam places my paper in front of me face down, uh oh, it must be bad. Not even looking at him until I know he's at his desk, I turn over the paper.

I can barely contain my squeal as I see a red A written on the front of my paper. An A!

My eyes seek out Sam's, already on me, I see a proud grin on his face and I love it.

The lesson continues, and as we're doing quiet work, I feel a familiar presence next to me, Sam's leaning down, one hand resting around my side, nothing he wouldn't normally do, but it still made my heart race.

"I don't know if you got my email," he had his teacher voice on, we rarely talk when there's others around, I try not to laugh as his eyes smile at me, "but I have given you a commendation, I've never given one before so I'm not sure how it works, but your improvement in results shows such dedication, you deserve a reward."

"Th-thank you, Si-Sam," as he stood to leave, his hand grazed my back, leaving a trail of goosebumps, I shivered involuntarily.

After class, before I was even done packing away, I was picked up out of my chair, smothered by two large arms, I giggled quietly, jokingly pushing him off.

"I am so proud of you baby girl,"

"Thank you," I blushed.

"You deserve a big reward,"

"You already gave me one, silly" I smiled, stopping when I saw his expression, "Oh,"

His lips met mine and it felt like home, I could feel him trying to communicate his support and pride and happiness, and I tried to reciprocate. By the time he pulled back, I was light headed, his hands firm on my hips to steady me. I smiled, reaching up to kiss his pulse point, just under his jaw, he shivered slightly as he sighed, "I hate myself for saying this, but you have to go to class, baby,"

I pouted slightly, kissing the same spot again, this time nibbling a bit, almost licking it. When I pulled away there was a slight mark, I smirked to myself, "Little one, have you left a mark?"

I shrugged innocently, "Well then it's only fair," suddenly his head was in the crook of my neck, his fingers pulling my top to the side slightly, I let out a noise I didn't even know I could make before he pulled away, "There, we're even,"

I shivered as my fingers traced the spot his lips just were, "Mmm, I love that you're marked, little one, you're mine,"

"Yours." I nodded in agreement, leaning into his chest, his grip on me tightened and I felt so content.

"You're late now, I'll write you a note for your teacher, but I won't do it again,"

I smirked up at him, "Of course, thank you, Sir,"