2. Elves Dressing Up for Halloween - Gondolin

Halloween Request: Hello! For a Halloween request, could I ask for headcanons of what the elves of Gondolin would dress up as for a costume? Would any be extremely hesitant? Would any be receptive to couples costumes? Thank you (and if not, thanks for taking time to read this!) 😌​

* * *

Turgon

Turgon honestly isn't one for dressing up at all on Halloween and will not be partial to even couples costuming. If anything he would much rather host a party and keep his usual attire than have to dress up as anything. Even if it is customary.

At most you may get a masquerade mask on him and that is as far as it will go. So every year, being quite the creature of habit, he prefers to go as a King than let his hair down a little and relax. Though Turgon will support you in almost whatever costume you decide to go in AS LONG AS it is appropriate.

Nothing inappropriate or overly sexual as Turgon is a little bit of a prude. Though he won't fight you too hard and be considerably flustered all night over it and bite his tongue. He'll eventually grow used to whatever costume he may not find appropriate but it certainly takes some time for him to get used to it.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel loves dressing up, being the big ray of sunshine that he is, and has a lot of fun dressing up! He is really creative and thinks outside the box on the costume ideas that he comes up with.

And when you ask him to dress up in couples costuming he immediately jumps at the chance to be able to do so. Glorfindel also loves to be able to help create these said out of the box costumes too. For example you have a ton of cardboard boxes at your disposal, he will absolutely spend the time to make a costume out of it. Robot? Fish tank? Washing Machine? He'll put it together.

Glorfindel also really loves puny costume ideas too. Anything that can be a big play on words he is bound to figure out an idea for you both to wear. No matter how ridiculously cheesy that idea might be, Glorfindel will absolutely run with it. He has a blast coming up with the ideas.

You are absolutely welcome to assist in coming up with something, Glorfindel loves to hear any of your ideas. And if you are more partial to an idea that you have, he is happy to relent to you and get your costumes put together with whatever theme you prefer. Either way, Glorfindel is just really happy to spend time with you like this!

Ecthelion

Ecthelion is pretty rigid and formal and strict, so when it comes to dressing up for Halloween, he isn't all too elaborate in dressing up. If anything he may add an accessory or two to a really nice outfit, but it is never anything over the top.

So when you suggest couples costuming, Ecthelion is a little hesitant to join you in any of the ideas that you might have. They might need to start off relatively conservative and more classic like Period specific costuming or Historical Figures or something Masquerade style.

He feels a little odd all dressed up, especially since it is not the one or two accessories that might dress up his costume. But Ecthelion trusts you deeply to not put him in something ridiculous or make him look ridiculous and tries to enjoy the fun of the night all dressed up.

I do not recommend really letting him choose in the beginning of your costume couple planning because he will not venture even into the more conservative spaces. Choosing to keep it more to what he is already comfortable with.

Rog

Rog loves to dress up and though he does, his costumes can be pretty simple. Happy to dress up and throw together whatever he might have at home. Even if it means wearing work attire for Halloween. A blacksmith is technically a costume.