introduction

"Raygen sweetheart dinners ready." My mom yells for her downstairs.

"COMING MOM!"

I close my laptop and bolt down the stairs to see a huge feast laid out.

Mmm. My mouth waters at the sight of the food.

I think I might be dreaming. The smell of steak, mashed potatoes, and....

"PIE!" I yell, maybe a little to loud...

"It's shepherds pie, your favorite", my mother smirks.

As I thought it couldn't get better my dad pulls out a steaming hoard of broccoli...

I was right.

They know how much I hate anything green, not the color though. Green is so pretty,
it's my favorite color.

I make a gross face at the broccoli, my mother chuckles at me.

"Honey you have to eat a little I know you don't like them much but try please."
I nod with a grossed out face.

"Sweetie go get Bethany from upstairs, I think she is asleep in her room she wasn't feeling well earlier."

Bethany is my best friend. I moved in with her and her family when I was 10. Both of my parents died in a car crash while I was at school. They decided to adopt me instead of sending me to foster care. They wanted me to have an opportunity of a relatively normal life. Well as close as I could get to one considering.

I went upstairs to her room. I tap her door 3 times *tap* *tap* *tap*. Half asleep she mumbles, "come in."

I slowly open the door to see her asleep in her bed.

I jump on top of her giving her a heart attack.

She giggles and pushes me off.

"Dinners ready, Beth." She gets up and follows me to the kitchen where she stares at the well prepared food just as I did.

We both quickly make a plate, me of course avoiding the broccoli.

My dad walks over with a scoop of broccoli. "Your not getting out of this one", he chuckles and puts a pile of steaming broccoli on my plate.

I shove the whole plate of food in my mouth. Not leaving anything behind, except the broccoli.

I sigh and try eating them quickly.

I gag a couple times but manage to eat them pretty well. I still didn't enjoy it...

Proud of myself I clean my plate off and go to the living room to see James on the couch with Lily, our great Dane.

"Hey James." I plop down on the couch beside him.

"Hey Ray Ray." He continues playing on his phone.

I pay him no mind and pet Lily.

James is Beth's 11 year old biological brother but he's been in my life for almost 8 years. So he might as well be my brother.

"Your birthdays coming up Ray Ray." My dad walks in the room saying. "Big 18 right kiddo."

"Yup I'm super exited, but still nervous." I say jumping up and down.

I can't wait to be an adult but at the same time I could wait a little longer...

"You are getting old I remember when you and Beth would play out back for hours, so small and adorable. God I miss those days." My dad says looking as if he is going to cry.

I am gonna miss being little but it's not like I'm leaving...right?