happy birthday!!!

June 3rd 2003...

My birthday couldn't have come any sooner. Well, I still have couple more hours.

My birthdays in June I don't mind the heat but I much rather the cold.

I come home from school with Beth to see my parent standing at the door with a a huge smile on their face.

I ask what's going on both me and Beth looking confused.

Our parents roll out 2 suitcases fully packet.

"Go get little things you want to bring with you and quickly, we already got your clothes so it will be a surprise."

I quickly run upstairs and grab twinkle.

You may be wondering who twinkle is. She's, my bear. She had a soft long yellow coat and a white belly; she has 3 stars on her belly. Hints the name twinkle.

Beth got it for me when we were 8 as a comfort item so I didn't feel alone.

I've carried her around for 10 years. And somehow, she is in great condition.

I bring here everywhere so of course I grabbed her.

I also grab my blanket and pillow and throw my stuff in the car.

Mom tells me it's a really long drive that's why we are leaving now.

I was so excited to see what the surprise is, I could see my siblings were to.

I finally fall asleep from the smooth movement of the car.

I wake up to James shaking me and pointing at the snow.

I squeal with excitement.

I can't believe it.

"Where are we?". I ask despite already knowing I just want to hear her say it.

"We are in Canada dear". She says with a huge smile on her face.

I scream almost running us off the road.

It's about 12pm we had been in the car for hours.

We pull up to this beautiful 2 story white brick house with a huge window seat you could see clearly from the driveway.

I quickly jump out the car and run into the house.

Dark brown floors, almost black like.

I run upstairs with my bag in my hand.

My mouth drops at the sight of my room.

I have a loft bed right at the ceiling the window seat I was talking about and gray, green, gold, and brown decorations. It has a view that showed mountains and a beautiful lake.

I couldn't ask for anything better.

I run back downstairs out of breath.

"I LOVE THE HOUSE THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU." I say jumping up and down.

"Inside voice." My dad says laughing at my excitement. Oh yea, I forgot.

"Sweetie, we have some more surprised for you." She carefully walks in the living room won't a big box.

I have no idea what this could be. A big stuffed animal? A dog? At this point it could be anything it was just a plain square box.

I rip open the flaps and see a green and black coat, green and black boots, a black hat, and a green scarf.

I stare at the box confused but excited.

"Well, those are kind of useless without these..."

I look up from the clothes to see my dad with skies and 5 tickets to go skiing.