Chapter 1: Not Too Bad

Veronica's POV

"Oh my god, are you Veronica The Influencer?" a teenage girl asked me as I waited in line to grab my morning croissants. I looked up from my phone, a grin already on my face. It was quite remarkable that this girl could recognize me without makeup on and a cap on my head. 

"That's me," I answered. The girl beamed in response. She was kind of cute, in a childish way. I could bet that she wasn't a day over 13. 

"I know it's early in the morning, but could I get a picture with you?" she asked. I nodded. After we took the picture, I checked over it.

"You look amazing, but since I have no makeup on, could you do me a favor and edit my face a little? I can't lose a thousand followers," I joked. She giggled.

"But you look the same, with or without makeup," she said. Smiling, I couldn't help but think that I love my fans. 

"Just a little, please?" I begged.

"Fine, fine," she laughed. She grabbed her little teenager coffee and I grabbed my croissant. The second I walked out of that door, my mood dropped. Today was my first day at a new school. I was dreading it.

Oh right, I might as well introduce myself. Hello, I'm Veronica. I'd prefer if I didn't mention my last name. My followers know me as Veronica The Influencer. You could say I'm kind of famous. Actually, famous is too big of a word. It's more like I'm well known on the internet. I just moved to this area of Singapore. My mother made me move all the way across town so she could make me attend a prestigious school to save my grades. I used to be a really good student, but with all this internet fame, pressure, and my ex-boyfriend, school wasn't really my priority. But I'm determined to do well at this school. Even if I'm a little nervous. Okay, a lot nervous.

Grabbing my compact mirror, I dabbed a little concealer under my eyes. I had a reputation to uphold. And first impressions are always important. I didn't want to seem different, so I didn't drive my car to school. So here I am, walking.

Around 15 minutes later, I finally make it to school.

"Titan Academy, huh?" I smirked, an eyebrow lifted. It wasn't too shabby or uptight or old-fashioned. In fact, it looked modern. That was different from what I was expecting. I was early. Nobody had arrived on campus yet. But I needed to get my schedule and a map. They do say that the early bird gets the worm. 

Heading through the entrance, I'm confronted with a decently sized cafeteria.

"Not too bad," I said out loud.

"Not at all," a voice answered. Startled, I let out a yelp. The voice takes shape of a pretty girl with her black and blonde-highlighted hair in a messy, but cute braid, and big eyes. She's carrying a notebook and a big smile.

"Did I scare you?" she asked.

"Yes. I am terrified," I shakily respond. She laughed and held out her hand.

"Hi, I'm Denise. Since you're early, I'll assume you're new. Nobody comes this early. But you look a little familiar," she introduced herself.

"Hi, I'm Veronica. It's nice to meet you. And it's true, this is my first day here. I work as an Instagram model, my user's Veronica The Influencer, but I want to focus on my studies," I said as I shook her hand.

"Oh! You're the model that Vincent was talking about the other day. Anyways, I'll take you to the office so you can figure out what class you're in," she said. Thanking her, I followed her all the way to the office. By just a quick talk, I can already tell I like her. She's funny, but not in a crude way and she seems friendly. But I can already tell she's intelligent, seeing as she told me she was at school early to study. A good friend to have. My mother would approve. 

After getting my stuff together for my first day of school with the secretary, I look down to see what class I'm in. T1T5?