Chapter 7: Craziness and Kisses

Veronica's POV:

I back away from him, startled at what my body just did.

Why did I just do that?

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"Parker hisses.

I rack my brain for a good excuse. To be honest, I really don't know what I'm doing. My older sister once did it to a guy who called her ugly and it served him right. But she never told me her reasoning. And she didn't explain how to deal with the aftermath either.

"Serves you right," I whispered, since the whole school was now looking and gossiping about us, "You just got kissed by a girl you insulted. And it's just the beginning."

"Alright everyone," I announced as I turned to everybody in the lunchroom, "From now on, Pretty Boy Parker is mine. I'm going after him and if any of you stop me, hah, well good luck. No matter what you do, I will not stop pursuing him so if you DO want to go up against me, then you better convince him to convince me. Enjoy your lunch!"

I must be going crazy.

"WHAT are you DOING?" Parker whispers-shouts at me.

"Hey sexy," I inwardly cringe at my word choice, "I'm teaching you a lesson."

"It was a comment for god's sake, you don't have to take it this far!" he exclaimed.

"You also seem like someone who hasn't been humbled before," I answer him.

"And how is that any of your business?" he asks incredulously.

"It's not, but you can thank me later," I retort, "You'll end up better than my ex."

"Thanks," he scoffed, "I appreciate it."

"You are and you will," I fire back.

"And what about you?" he asked, "You think this won't affect you too?"

"Huh?" I respond, confused.

"You're an influencer for god's sake, won't that affect your social media?" he questioned. I almost snorted. This guy had no idea about the nature of my fans. At this point, they were begging me to find a boyfriend.

"I don't think that'll be a problem," I said lightly.

He raised an eyebrow, "And what if you fall in love?"

That snort was really threatening to come out in full force.

Chuckling, I moved closer to him. I leaned down so I was towering over him, just a couple of inches from his face. He instinctively moved back.

"Why?" I whispered, "Are you scared?"

He didn't answer. He just stared at me with his blue eyes that were quickly dilating.

He sure is pretty. He would do well on social media.

"What? Am I too hot to handle?" I teased as his eyes scanned over my face.

He smirked back, "Never."