Chapter 5: Who Are You?

Nicole's POV:
I look over to Veronica, her face turning red. From anger or embarrassment, I have no idea. People these days. Everyone knows she's pretty and she's been nice all day. Everybody is just threatened. I resist the urge to slap my hand onto my forehead. I should've known that idiot Ed and his buddies would've made fun of her sooner or later. I was just expecting it from Jasmine.

Speaking of Jasmine, she was hiding a big smile underneath her hand as she walked over here. I know she was just ecstatic with the opportunity to smash Veronica's reputation into the dirt. Giving Veronica a big look up and down, she smirked, "I mean you're not wrong Parker. How the hell do you have more likes than me? I have no idea. But I guess buying followers is getting a lot easier isn't it?"

Her friends Cassie and Abby laugh behind her, like the little robots they are. I grimace when I remember I used to be just like that.

Veronica's voice, as hard as steel but with a hint of sarcasm, cuts through their obnoxious snorting, "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

The laughter cuts off.

Smiling through her fangs, sorry I mean teeth, Jasmine answers, "I'm Jasmine sweetie."

"I repeat, who the hell are you?" Veronica replies.

I raise an eyebrow. Where is she going with this?

"What do you mea-"

"Exactly what I meant. Who the hell are you to be judging my follower account Miss Fake Extensions? Oh yeah, I can see the lines sweetheart, you need a better hairdresser. Please, be my guest and sit the fuck down. I bet your follower account is below 200. The only thing fake here is that fake Chanel perfume that's been inspiring the bathroom toilets for the past hour," Veronica shoots back.

God dayum.

Silence fills the lunchroom.

"What are you all looking at? Clearly the show is over, the villain just got decapitated. There will be no encore," Tasha announces in the lunchroom. Debbie chuckles and I quickly join in. Veronica snorts and sits down, leaving Jasmine with her mouth hanging open.

With her being refuted, Jasmine quickly turns around and tsks, already heading to her table as fast as she can.

"Bye bye Jasmine!" Debbie calls sweetly behind her. Jasmine turns around with a dramatic "ugh" and keeps walking.

"Uh, so are we just going to ignore those jerks too or what? Because man, I've been waiting for the day someone will get back at Ed and chop off his little pedestal," I point at the group of boys that are conspicuously staring at us. When everyone turns around to look at them, they quickly look at their soup.

Veronica looks at me with a glint in her eye.

"Who wants to go have some fun?"

Debbie raises her hand.

Tasha smirks and stands up.

I laugh, shaking my head at the crazy we just let into our friend group,

"I volunteer as tribute."