SmileDog & WE'RE BACK!!!

You try to tell yourself over and over, it's just an image.Just a stupid picture of a stupid dog that someone has photoshopped teeth onto. It isn't even scary, or at least it doesn't scare you. Not one bit. How could it scare you? It's just a picture. You tell yourself these things, but when you do, you lie.

The image does scare you. Something about that smile, too wide with too many teeth. The same 'all the better to eat you with' smile that the Big Bad wolf gave to Red Riding Hood, a smile full of threat and sharpness. A predatory smile.

Again you try to bury the idea. To ignore it. But it's no use. Even when you close your eyes you see it, smiling maniacally back at you, the eyes, illuminated and searing, burning into your mind, you're soul. You know right then, you have to get rid of it, to pass the image in to someone else, to do as the thing says and spread the word. You know that you'll do these things because you must. Because if you don't, you know, that eventually, he will pay you a visit.

The Smile Dog creepypasta also often referred to as Smile.jpeg concerns a supposedly cursed or demonic image of a siberian husky with a menacing expression and an exaggeratedly large smile from a mouth seemingly filled with human teeth.

According to the story this image depicting 'smile dog' is an image of a demon or evil spirit that then plagues and torments anyone who has looked upon it with horrendous visions and nightmares, impelling them to 'Spread the word' by sharing the image with others. The longer the victim continues without sharing the image, the more extreme the 'haunting' becomes and if the image is not shared then smile dog takes his true form, either killing the victim, driving them to the point of insanity or in many versions dragging them away to hell.

The original image associated with the smile.jpeg/ smile dog creepypasta shows a siberian husky with what appears to be a heavily photoshopped mouth. The husky is grey black and the image shows only the head and neck with prominent pointed ears. The eyes of the dog are illuminated by the camera flash so that they take on a glowing quality and the manner in which the dog is looking directly into the lens as if posing for a portrait in a disturbingly human fashion.

Most unsettling however is the smile, which aside from appearing too wide for the mouth itself to contain seems not to contain 'canine' teeth but more human or primate.

Smile Dog Creepypasta

I first met in person with Mary E. in the summer of 2007. I had arranged with her husband of fifteen years, Terence, to see her for an interview. Mary had initially agreed, since I was not a newsman but rather an amateur writer gathering information for a few early college assignments and, if all went according to plan, some pieces of fiction. We scheduled the interview for a particular weekend when I was in Chicago on unrelated business, but at the last moment Mary changed her mind and locked herself in the couple's bedroom, refusing to meet with me. For half an hour I sat with Terence as we camped outside the bedroom door, I listening and taking notes while he attempted fruitlessly to calm his wife.

The things Mary said made little sense but fit with the pattern I was expecting: though I could not see her, I could tell from her voice that she was crying, and more often than not her objections to speaking with me centered around an incoherent diatribe on her dreams — her nightmares. Terence apologized profusely when we ceased the exercise, and I did my best to take it in stride; recall that I wasn't a reporter in search of a story, but merely a curious young man in search of information. Besides, I thought at the time, I could perhaps find another, similar case if I put my mind and resources to it.