Chapter 5

Robelia was sold to the Imperial palace on her own for the sake of her family's safety and stayed silently between the Emperor and Queen who treated her coldly with disrespect.

No one in the capital did not know that she was foolishly good and sincere.

The designer's face became distorted with astonishment at the unbelievably harsh words that came out of Robelia's mouth.

"Y-your Majesty?"

I twisted the tails of my mouth and laughed coldly.

"If you go out in such rustic clothes, you are going to be a laughingstock in front of everyone. I don't think I brought you here to bring me such dresses to wear. I'm sure there are better things to wear, right?" As I said so, I changed my pose and decided to put my feet on top of the couch.

It was a very long couch that fit two sleeping people, but according to court etiquette, it was very rude to put one's feet on a chair.

I sat down with both of my legs extended on the couch, and slowly put my chin on the edge of the couch while facing the other people.

Whether it was because I was acting abnormal or the fact that there was a need to respect the monarch even in these situations, the designer's pale white face gradually became rose red.

"I-it is almost time," reminded one of the Palace attendants.

"Tell me, do you have any other products you wish to show me? No?" I demanded sternly, urging the designer who's nervous gaze fell to the floor.

"N-not r-right now... but if Your Majesty waits two months, I can make another sample dress,"

"Two months? Are you crazy? Are you telling me to live with only a shower gown for two months?"

The designer's eyes shook with embarrassment as I shouted frustratedly.

"How can you lie so shamelessly? The Queen has been bragging endlessly about how she will be meeting you next week for an amazing dress, and there aren't any designs left for me?"

"Y-yes? Huh? Ha but... this design suits Your Majesty better... That, that and ..." 

Basically, in the Empire, all clothes are made from order. After choosing a design from a catalog and measuring, the clothes of that design are no longer made since one of the things that nobles hate is to wear the same design as others.

Therefore each design exists for one person.

Aisha was the most outstanding woman and the rising star of the imperial social world right now.

So from the designer's point of view, Aisha will be the exclusive guest, and the outfits which were chosen by socially popular people always attract everyone's attention and even end up appearing in newspapers.

If the designer is meeting Aisha next week, they would have surely prepared a spleen design fit for a luxurious guest.

It was outrageous to even think about.

Aisha doesn't seem to have reserved a design, but she lied to me that she didn't even have a design in mind.

Thinking of Robelia, who was ignored inside and outside the Imperial Palace, made my veins cold. I raised my chin with an arrogant face and shot daggers at the designer.

"What a cheeky person, I'll decide whether it will suit me or not! Just bring out the design."

"Y-your Majesty!"

"How dare you not listen to the Empress's orders! You probably cannot see who's in a higher position than who. Do you want me to take this opportunity to educate you personally?" The designer trembled with fear while his eyes were shaking and his mouth was opening to make an excuse. The knights guarding the drawing-room door threateningly thumped their feet on the floor and took their hand upon their swords.

"Oh n-no, no! I'll tell my assistant to bring in the designs and samples right away!" Only then did I raise my lips in satisfaction.

"Yeah, yeah you should," I muttered under my breath.

. . . . . 

An hour later

"Here you are, Your Majesty," The designer's assistants rushed to bring the catalogs and sample clothes, and the designer gave it with trembling hands.

"This is a sample material and jewelry. This dress will be made from 4.6-carat diamonds from Akatylene and sapphires from Winterren. Also, this rich silk is from East..."

The design book featured thousands of designs. It must have been a masterpiece hidden from the most popular celebrities in society. And indeed it was splendor and beauty was much different from the dresses I'd seen previously, even if I was from another world.

When I looked at the catalog earlier, I admired it because of its amazing beauty but after seeing these designs, they look modest and ordinary.

The quality of the materials and jewels used for the dress was also the same.

When he swept his fingers along the silk, it appeared very smooth, almost as if it was water flowing. I could barely feel the weight, so it seemed very comfortable to wear a dress made out of silk-like this.