Back in reality

Your POV:

I was still in shock from what happened yesterday, and when I wake up, I'm hoping it wasn't a dream because that was how it felt like. A dream. Something too good to be true. I hoped it was real. I hoped everything happening was real. I was hoping I wasn't in a simulation like Pietro for the past 4 years.

I got out of my head and woke up, gasping for air, sweat dripping from my forehead. I grabbed a towel I had on the side of my bed, well, mine and Pietro's bed. I wiped the sweat off of my skin and took a look outside, since there was a giant glass wall in our room, all I had to do was look to my side, and the sun hit my eyes. It was already pretty high up. It was probably already noon.

I turned to my clock and saw the numbers 12:09 in red. So it was noon. I move my legs to the side, letting them hang, I put my hands on my thighs and take deep breaths. "Oh god" I say to myself, walking to the bathroom, staring at my reflection. "You're awake....you're awake....you're in reality" I say to myself, trying to calm myself down.

I walk to the closet and grab a pair of pants and a random shirt, along with some socks to keep me warm. I warped out of our room and went to his room in the infirmary. He was already awake, having lunch. So I walked in, and greeted him with a smile. "Hey love" I greet, placing my hand on his cheek.

"Hi" he replies with a smile, looking up at me, "You weren't here for my morning kiss" He states, slightly frowning. "Ah, sorry about that, I'll give you one right now" I reply, pulling him closer, letting our lips collide. "There" I chuckled, smiling at him. He smiles back at me while our eyes lock on each other. "Sorry if I was late on that, I slept late" I state, chuckling while I enjoy the sight of his smile. I was sure that I was only showing happiness, but then he said; "You seem a bit worried, something wrong?"

I look at him with a brighter smile and say "No, I'm just glad yesterday wasn't a dream" gently rubbing his cheek with my thumb. He snuggles closer to my hand and uses his own to keep my hand on his cheek, "Well, you best believe I'm really here" He states, giggling, and I giggle with him, hugging him tightly.

I part shortly after, "Are you feeling better?" I ask him, "Well, yeah, I'm able to run around again, which means....I can get our of here and spend the day with you again, right?" He asks, smiling at the end of his sentence. "Yeah, I'll just have to do your papers for a few moments, and then you'll be sleeping with me every night, eating with me, basically anything else with me" I reply. "What papers?" He asks, "It's sort of like a welfare check" I reply, standing up to grab the folder and start filling them in.

***

"Do you feel nauseated?" I ask, "Nope" he replies. "Well, then that's about it, we can spend our time together again, just like 4 years ago" I state, smiling for the millionth time today. "You seem really happy" he states, placing his hand on my cheek, "Of course I'm happy, I'm sure you'd be happy too if you found out you could do everything with me again after 4 years of just watching me sleep, bathing me, you know what I mean" I reply

He looks up at me and scoffs, smiling right after, "I'm sure I would be" He states, pulling me close for another kiss. This time I made sure to make it last long, taking small breaks for air and going back to it right after. He didn't seem to mind, actually, he seemed to like it, even love it at this point. We part and look at each other. Silence.

"You wanna go get ice cream?" He asks, breaking the silence between us. "Sure, I haven't had any in a while" I reply, standing him up and walking with him to the dining area on the same floor of our room. I could've just warped us, but it would help Pietro recover from not walking for 4 years. He was a bit wobbly when he walked, he had his arm around my shoulders for me to support him. He tripped every now and then, but it wasn't so often.