Chapter 11

Even though he was all ready expecting to find her, his eyes still bulged at the sight of her. Big Blue vampire eyes so wide he looked like a bug. If I wasn't feeling so weird I would have had a major fangirl moment.

"Buffy..." He whispered. Completely forgetting I was there, he dropped my hand and jumped off the edge. A 30 foot drop if it even was that.  Vampire agility allowing him to land like a graceful tiger. He hit the ground in a crouching position,  long coat swishing out behind him as he rose to his feet. Deep blue eyes never leaving sight of Buffy.

"Well I'll be dammed...." mumbles Giles.

The Jabba the viking demon took this momentary distraction of his opponent to swish his tail and knock Buffy to the floor. With inhuman speed, Spike picked up the slayers ax from the ground and in one swift, practiced motion, he swings the ax and cuts off the tip of the monsters tail. It let's out a mighty scream before disintegrating into a pile of rubble.

"Hanja Demon..." He explains to the slayer who lay on the floor. Holding out his hand to help her up. "Its Achilles heel is in the tip of its tail." She grips his hand and he pulls her to her feet.

 "Y-Your alive?!?" She stutters and steps back. The shock on her face gives spike a grin.  "Darling for as long as you've known me I've never been alive." He smirks, leave it to Spike to resort to sarcasm. "I've been  undead, then really dead, then a ghost,  but now I'm back to just regular run of the mill, undead."

"But... but I saw you burn!" Her eyes are so wide I fear they just might pop out of her skull.  "I buried you, remember?" He reminds.  True, Buffy did die twice during the 7 season run of the show. Main characters don't usually stay dead very long around here.

Not wanting to miss any of the action,  I teleport down the the floor below.  Appearing in a cloak of green smoke just a few feet from Spike. Nightcrawler, eat your heart out.

In the corner of the room right over where Willow was inciting her spell. It seemed a force like a miniscule hurricane had started to unleash itself. Willow stood, full on witch mode, white hair and silvery magic swirling all around her. Xander and Giles became too engrossed with watching her to pay much attention to Spike and Buffy.

My moment of self righteousness was quickly washed over by another nauseating wave of dehydration.  I clutched my stomach.  I could hear blood pumping loudly in my ears. Only, I don't think it was my own.

In a flash Spike is again at my side, arm under my shoulders. "You ok pet?" he asked over the roar of Willow's magic.

Just as soon as the feeling appears, it vanishes.  "Yeah I'm alright now." I rub my temple with one hand. My throat is positively parched. 

"Oh..." I hear Buffy exhale at the sight of Spikes arm around me. "Hi Buffy!" I beam excitedly, she's even prettier in person. "Huge Fan."

"Who is she?" She asks calmly,  but I can see a small bite of jealousy in her eyes. "No... were not... it's not like that." He sputters out awkwardly. "I just met her."

"Oh no no nothing like that!" I step away from Spike and reassure her, holding up my hands. "Not that anyone would be stupid enough not to want to.... I mean look at him, he's positively perfect in every way." I add, quoting Mary Poppins. "Whoops did I just say that out loud?" I cover my mouth with my hands,  embarrassed. "Brain to mouth filter.... I think its broken, or more than likely, I've never had one." I laugh.

"I'm the Traveler." I stick out my hand. "But my friends call me Roxanne." She raises an eyebrow but accepts my hand shake anyway. The second my hand comes in contact with her as I get the strangest urge to stab something, like right now. Calm down Freddy Krueger. "I'm a dimensional crossing being from a parallel Earth." I explain like I always do. "I've been watching over you for a long time. Like I said, big fan."

"The doorway!" I hear Willow cry. I don't think she even knows what's going on. Her eyes glow pure white, blinded by magic. "Its opening!"

My legs pick this time to buckle out from underneath me. The room starts to spin and I can feel myself beginning to slip into unconsciousness. Angel Investigations also picks this time to burst through the doors.