Chapter 1

The sparkeling turquise atmosphere glittered around me, the unfamiliar substance not quite air, but not water either.

Nothing was solid, not even me.

I was standing beside a glowing pink bush that grew only slightly taller then myself.

Like everything else in the place it sparkled like Twilight Vampire.

Reaching out I stroked it with my hand, but for some reason I couldn't quite figure out if my hand was going through it, or it was going through my hand.

I was having that dream again....

______________________________________

I was awakened by the familiar sound of aluminum poles clanking as they were unloaded from the large Circus Equipment trailers.

I felt my heart grow heavy for a moment at the disappointment of waking up in my own bed in my trailer, instead of a beat up old orange couch in the middle of the NYC sewer systems.

Like usual I had awoken just seconds before the alarm on my phone went off.

Why do I even set that thing?

Bon Jovi's 'You Give Love A Bad Name' pumped through my phones speakers and soon  echoed through my whole trailer.

I slid out of bed and changed out of my classic Ninja Turtle PJ's into a pair of dark blue jeans and a baby blue blouse.

After breakfast and dental hygiene had been delt with I stepped out of my trailer and headed into the newly erected Circus big top to set up my Solo trapeze.

After checking and double checking my aerial rigging,  I hit the button on the automatic winch and my Trapeze, along with the rope I use to climb to it was raised high into the tent.

You can never be to careful when it comes to the safety of your rigging, I already fallen once, it's not something I plan on repeating,  EVER!

My alter Ego The Traveler may be immune to death when I travel to parallel earth's, but here on earth 01 I'm just regular killable Roxanne, so I'm not taking any chances.

When I was about halfway done adjusting the support cables, Steve walked in, struggling to carry the canvas  bag contaning the beautiful red velvet curtain.

The bag was bigger then him!

Dropping what I was doing I rushed over to help him.

Steve a cute kid around 12 with curly short dark brown hair, light freckles and eager brown eyes.

though just a kid he is pretty built for 12, due to lifting circus equipment.

He wasn't born circus, but raised mostly on it, he is the official "Curtain Boy" and has been since he was little, working the rope that controls the curtain, opening and shutting it as performers and animals go into and exit  the ring.

His father a widowed  mechanic who became bored with small town Nebraska life when Steve was 6 and joined the circus as the head of ticket office, Though he still  part times keeping all the circus trucks in working order.

Setting it down at the base of the ring, he smiled up at me.

"Thanks Roxanne, your a life saver!"

"No problem honey."

I smiled back.

he unzipped the bag and I helped him pull the giant amount of red fabric out, careful to keep it off the ground.

"you don't have to help me, I can do it by myself."

he stated almost defensively.

"I know you can, you've gotten really strong since the start of the season."

I counteracted with a compliment,  which made him positively beam.

he blushed and went back to his work.

Alex walked through the backstage entrance, carrying his suitcase of juggling props casually in his hand.

I turned around to go back to my trapeze rigging when Steve's not yet deepened voice called after me.

"oh Roxanne, Thank you so much for letting me borrow your Batman movies, those were awesome! You were right, SOOO much better then the new ones."

I turned on my heel and grinned at the tween climbing up the wooden ladder to hang the curtain.

Damm straight their better.

"Told you so! Christian Bale's  marble gargler Batman has nothing on Micheal Keaton, he was Batman!"

I cried out enthusiastically.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk..."

Alex Clucked as he walked by.

"Whats always with you and the Superheroes Roxanne?"

he asked as he set his juggling box  down onto the side of the ring.

Alex, the resident playboy of the Circus, 20 arrogant and apparently attractive, from Argentina.

if he wasn't such a great juggler I  doubt anybody on this show would put up with his inflated Ego.

Rolling my eyes I bent over to work again on my trapeze cable's.

I could feel him staring at my ass.

"Why don't you go out with  me tonight and maybe  we can talk about something... else."

His voice filled with suggestive arrogance.

Without stopping what I was doing I answered him.

"Not intrested Alex, for the last time I have a boyfriend."

"ahh yes, the invisible man. Who nobody on this show has ever seen."

he teased.

"its funny though, your the last person Id expect To  be dating a Townie."

Alex chuckled

Finished with my work I stood back up and faced him.

"he's not a Townie!"

I hissed defensively, my fists clenching at my sides.

"if you must know, he's a flying trapeze catcher and a damn good one!"

Crossing my arms against my chest in annoyance I walked back out time my trailer.

He's also a Mutant I met while visiting a parallel earth, but Alex doesn't need to know that.