Chapter 4

"In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer."

_________________________

I stood there, wide eyes in the realization that I was in the realm of one of my favorite TV shows ever, BUFFY THE FRIKKEN VAMPIRE SLAYER!

Below the Wolfram and Heart logo was a clearly printed "Angel Investigations."

Angel, former lover of Buffy, a vampire who was cursed with a soul, along with a rag tag team of humans and the occasional god or demon solve evil supernatural issues and mysteries. Sort of like ghostbusters for evil, but they never have to worry about "crossing the streams."

I was jerked back again.

What's going on? I thought to myself mid teleportation, as green smoke swirled around me.

I was back in the desert. Once again along side the massive crater.

I saw figures ahead and felt instantly drawn to them. I knew who they were even from this distance and with there backs turned.

I was looking at the "Scooby gang." Buffy's pet name for her "team."

I saw long blond hair blowing in the breeze amongst the crowd of what i counted to be 6 people and right away knew it to be the slayer.

"Buffy!" I called out excitedly.

With her advanced hearing she heard me and spun towards my direction. Before I could catch a glimpse of her face I disappeared once more in a puff of green smoke.

You've got to be kidding me!!

My feet landed on hardwood this time, I proofed in front of a long wooden desk into a a room which within seconds I recognized.

I was in the waiting room of wolfram and heart, Angels office just a mere 20 steps away.

The desk was where Harmony, his ditsy but well meaning vampire secretary usually sat.

The ginger woman behind the desk glanced up from her magazine, clearly unfazed by my sudden out of thin air appearance, as if it were a normal thing.

"Welcome to Wolfram and Heart, How may I help you?" She asked, no enthusiasm in her nasal voice whatsoever.

"Where's Harmony?" I asked instinctively.

The woman let out a small chuckle.

When was I? What point of the timeline in the story? Before the final episode? After? It puzzled me not knowing?

"Harmony was fired several months ago, right before the great battle." She replied.

Ahh, now I knew where I was, after the series finale.

The worst last episode of a show to air since XENA.

A prickle on the back of my neck instantly told me she was a demon. How did I know this? I don't know, I just did.

"I'd... I'd like to see Angel." I stuttered, I couldn't believe I was actually here, it felt so unreal!

"Name?"

She flipped open a very large appointment book.

"Uh... Traveler."

I said instinctively.

"You got a first name, Traveler?"

She raised an eyebrow at me.

"The?"