021 | losing is never an option

Thursday, 10th June 2021

[ 𝙻 𝚊 𝚗 𝚍 𝚘 ]

Lando's whole body, from head to toes, was full of nerves. He woke up feeling excited but also anxious about the upcoming day. He was ready to leave the house fairly early even though he didn't have to leave for another hour. Max Fewtrell, his childhood best friend, and also current roommate, had woken up from his constant loudness and was now sat at the kitchen island, eating a bowl of cereal while watching the F1 driver rummage through the kitchen drawers for a hair roller. 

"So... where are you going again today?" Max raised his eyebrows, lifting the spoon up towards his mouth annoyingly slow. Lando reached over to his own bowl on the table and shovelled a few mouth fulls in, spilling a bit of milk as he did so, luckily none of it dripped onto his clean and freshly ironed shirt.

"I'm going Go-Karting." He hastily responded.

"With whom may I ask?" Max looked at his eating habit in disgust.

"Just someone." Lando shrugged, pulling his shoes on from a standing up position.

"Just someone? So it's a girl." Max quickly put it together.

"Maybe." Lando shrugged again.

"Tell me mate," Max begged. "Is it the girl you've constantly been texting?" He asked. "And don't try to deny it. I know for a fact it hasn't been Carlos you've been texting. Sure you miss the Spaniard but you don't smile like a love sick puppy every time he messages you." Max explained.

"Okay so maybe I'm spending the day with Daniella Holland, big deal, so what?" Lando pretended as if it was nothing.

"As in Spider-man's sister?"

"She's an actress too you know." Lando didn't even think before the words fell from his mouth in a defensive tone.

"Is it a date?" Max asked after a moment of silence. 

"I don't know." Lando admitted, finally stopping his messing around and taking a seat opposite Max at the island table.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Max frowned. "Is it a date or not?"

"Well I asked her to spend the day with me, and she said yes, and then I say 'it's a date then,' and well, I'm not sure if she thought I meant it was a date date or a it's a plan on that date." Lando huffed, groaning as he left his scrambled head fall into his hands.

"Mate, even I'm confused with what you just bloody said." Max informed him making Lando let out another groan.

"I confused her. I confused me even." He sighed deeply.

"You confused me too." Max wasn't helping. "Do you want it to be a date?"

"I mean, I guess. We haven't known each other for very long." He shook his head.

"You've known her longer than people from tinder know each other on their first dates." Max smartly pointed out.

"Since when did you get so smart Maximus." Lando chuckled.

"I think you'll find I've always been a genius, thank you very much." Max scoffed.

"Of course." Lando laughed. "I best be off then. Don't want to be late."

"Just ask her about it. Worst case scenario, she says no to it being a date and you never have to see her again." Oh, Max, how wrong you were.

"Well that would be okay if it wasn't for the fact that I got her a job at McLaren. Well- she now works there," he shook his head.