Chapter 12: I Love You

Sharon's POV:

"I want pineapples."

"Eww No."

"It will make the taste even better. You have no idea."

"And I don't want to get any idea."

"Please Angel."

"Ok fine."

"What's up guys?"

I entered my house to my sister and boyfriend's argument.

"Steven didn't want to try pineapples on his pizza but I convinced him nevertheless."

"Woah! Even I insisted him to try it once but he never agreed." I said giving her an impressed look.

Raina patted herself on the back. Steven just shrugged.

"By the way, Steven why didn't you attend the last few lectures? This is the last semester you can't be careless about your attendance." I asked.

"Actually Sharon..." Steven started only to be interrupted by my sister.

"Sharon, I couldn't find a taxi and he offered to give me a lift back home. And stayed here because he didn't want me to be alone." Raina explained.

They looked at each other as if silently trying to convey something. They were definitely hiding something from me but if they don't want me to know, I wouldn't push it. I trust them.

Steven saw me looking at them and I quickly changed the topic.

"Ok guys. I'll go and freshen up. Raina can you order something for me as well?"

"Of course Sharon." I smiled at her and walked into my room.

I took a quick shower and changed into my comfortable pajamas. I was drying my hair when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

'Hi." My boyfriend said nuzzling his face into my neck and inhaling my scent.

"Hi you." I said turning around and facing him.

"I love you." He said looking into my eyes.

"I know. I love me too." His eyes widened and I giggled.

I quickly got on my tip toes and pecked his cheek.

And his frown turned into a smile within seconds.

"Sharon I wanted to tell you something.."

"You don't have to."

"But I owe you an explanation.."

"No you don't." I said cutting him again.
"It's completely okay to keep somethings to yourself if it's for the good but remember I am always there. If anything is troubling you , you can always let me know."

"Thank you so much Sharon. Thank you for being so understanding and thoughtful. And thanks for being you.

"Ok enough. I am over the moon. Now if you don't mind let's go and eat something. I'm very hungry."

"As you say ma'am."
.
.
.
.
Entering the dining area, we saw Raina setting up the table.

"Guys, our food parcel just arrived. Come have a seat." She said grabbing a slice of pizza and having a seat.
"Yummm, it's so good, Steven you have to give it a shot". She said savoring the pineapple one.

Both of us took seats across her.

Steven reluctantly took a bite. "Its not bad at all !" He exclaimed. "Good choice Chipmunk."

Raina's eyes widened while I choked on the water I was drinking. "Did I miss something?"

"Nothing. Angel's being being a brat." Raina scoffed.

"I see. Let me show you how much of a brat I can be" Steven said getting up from the seat in complete charge mode.

Raina gulped and ran for her life but not before taking 2 slices for pizza with her. She had her priorities right.

The next moment I saw Steven chasing my sister around the house. They didn't look like two 20+ yr olds, in fact they were behaving worse than kids.

"Guys I swear if you guys break anything, I will..." Before I could finish that sentence, I heard something drop. It was my favorite antique vase. These two were gone for good now.

And so I ran behind them until we reached my lawn and drenched them with water using the garden pipe to punish them.

Did it feel like a punishment to them? No.

Did they enjoy it? Yes.

Did I enjoy it? Definitely Yes.

I saw the two of them dancing. Though it was favorite vase, it was not above their happiness and smiling faces. After months, I saw the goofy Steven back. He lost his serious demeanor and looked so carefree like he used to be with Tracy. And my baby sister, she was laughing her heart out.

I took my phone to capture this memory. "Smile."

Today, I saw a ray of hope. Maybe just maybe things can get back to normal.

I was happy.

Author's Note:

Hi Guys, how are you doing? It's been a year since I last posted a chapter. Quick life update: Last year, I quit my fancy yet hectic MNC job and got into my dream B-School. And I am currently interning in the same company. This is the perfect example of how life comes a full circle. Well eagerly waiting to get back to B-School life. So much better than corporate.

Let me know how you are finding this story so far.
Like target: 5 likes (for the next update)

See you soon🤞