Chapter 8: No one can take your place.

Rayshawn's pov:

I see a vast field full of grass. Cool wind was blowing. Soft giggles can be heard from a raved-haired girl who was running in the field.

"Get back here you tease." I call out to my girlfriend. I bend down supporting my arms on my knees as a breath heavily from running after her.

"Got tired so soon. You seem like an old man now." Tracy speaks turning around.

This was it. "You are gone now. Run for your life." I said growling in frustration.

Tracy's eyes' widened and her expression changed as she sprinted away. This time I caught up and leaped over her such that we both fell on the ground and she was trapped between the ground and I.

"Get off me." She said squirming under me.

"Not so soon baby. You have to apologize first." I said pinning her hands above her head with my one of my hands as she was using them to punch my chest.

"Why? What did I even do to you?" She made an innocent pouty face.

"You very well knew what you did." I roared and she made a face as if she was trying to think what she did.

"You ate the last slice of the pizza." I said huffing my cheeks. Nobody takes my pizza.

"Hahaha.. " She laughed. "You are such a kid. Sorry, now get off me!"

"I don't want your sorry. I want something else." I said without moving from my place.

"What?"

"A substitute. You took my pizza. Give me something else, I am hungry.

"An ice-cream?"

"Nope. "

"Soda?"

"Wrong."

"Then what the hell do you want?" She asked confused.

I leaned towards her decreasing the gap between us as my lips met hers. Her lips immediately melted from the contact. "I want this." I parted a little and murmured against her lips and I could feel her smile against mine. I kissed her again and felt her trying to free her wrists. I immediately released her wrists and she entangled her fingers in my hair as her arms encircled around me neck as she kissed me back feverishly.

"I love you" I said as soon as we parted.
"I love you so damn much."

She smiled blushing furiously. "I love you too."

I helped her get up and we walked back to the place we set up our camp. It's was past sunset so I started a bonfire and sat next to Tracy placing an arm around her shoulder. I intertwined my hand with hers. At that moment I knew she was the most important person in my life. "Don't break up with me ever. I know I can be a jerk sometimes but please don't leave me ever Trace."

"I would never." She said placing her head on my shoulder. "But.."

"But what sweetheart?" I say encouraging her to speak while rubbing her shoulders so that she doesn't feel cold.

"I want you to leave me and my memories behind and move on if I am no longer with you."

"What are talking? You just said you would never leave me and then you are saying this. I don't understand."

She removed my arm from her shoulder and turned towards me to look me in the eye. " I am telling you to move on and live your life Ray just in case I...I die."

Her words came as a shock to me. "What the hell.. What rubbish are you saying? Are you out of your goddamn mind?" I stood up and brushed my hand through my hair. I was very very angry.

Tracy also stood up and reached out to grabbed my arm ."Calm down Ray. Listen.."

I instantly grabbed both her shoulders roughly to stop her from moving."No, you listen. You told me to live my life but I will have no life without you in it, you fool!"

"You are hurting me." Tracy said as eyes become blurry from tears.

I loosened my grip a little bit but didn't let her go. "Really? And what you said didn't hurt me, Huh? I dare you to leave me Tracy." I almost shouted jerking her body.

"I am s-sorry." She stuttered, something she would do when she was sad.

"Get one thing in your head Tracy Sanders. Nobody, I repeat nobody will or can take your place in my life."

"Pl-please f-forgive me. I d-don't know why I s-said that." Tracy shuddered as tears were endlessly falling from her eyes. "S-sorry, I didn't want to hurt you" She started to hyperventilate and almost lost her footing.

"Hey hey ssshhh...relax, don't speak." I instinctively wrapped an arm around her waist to steady her. "It's okay, don't worry about it. Take a deep breath Tracy." I said caressing her cheeks. As her breathing evened out, I kissed her on her forehead. "I won't let anything happen to you, understand. You will never go away from me. Nothing can separate us both. You are stuck with me."

She wrapped her tiny arms around my neck and hugged me."Promise?"

"I promise."

I jolted up awake sweating. I looked around and realized I was in my bed in my room and had relived an old memory in my dream. I recalled the promise I made to Tracy. Was this a sign that I was failing her? Was I attracted to someone else?

No.

I can't let this happen. I won't break my promise to her. No one can take your place Tracy. No one. Ever.