Chapter 2: What if you get into trouble?

Raina's pov:

"........Each one sitting here has something unique in them. All you need to do is believe in yourself and you can achieve everything you aim for. Thank you".

"That was a amazing speech by our valedictorian Ms. Raina Richardson. Thank you Raina for your inspiring words." The commencer said. Everyone gave a round of applause as I climbed down the stairs.

Soon the graduation ceremony was over. And I finally got to breathe as the crowd gets cleared. "So somehow you managed to come first again?"

I turned around to find my rival Alexa fuming with jealousy. "Hey Alexa." My face turned into a smirk.

"It must be so difficult to focus on your studies when you already have the wealth to buy you everything." She says.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask angrily. She was getting on my nerves now.

"I mean you have everything. Why waste time in studying? You father will get you married to some rich guy and all this would be futile." She laughs.

"I can't believe you Alexa. Firstly, I studied because I loved doing it. I want to have a successful career. And secondly, girls like you whose prime focus was to date the richest guy in college would never understand the concept of loving your work and being independent."

"You.."

"Raina" I heard a familiar voice coming from behind. I turned to see my two best friends Jenna Williams and Christopher Anderson walking towards me.

I turned towards Alexa. "See you later...Actually see you never." I turned around to walk towards my friends without even waiting for a response. I knew she would be burning in anger. I wonder why she hated me in the first place.

My friends engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug.

"Congratulations babe" Jenna squeals in excitement.

"Congrats sunshine." Chris speaks next.

"Thanks guys." I say breaking the hug.

"Your speech was amazing. You must have spent a lot of time preparing it". She said.

"More like copied it from the internet" Jenna looked at me with her mouth wide open. "It's not like anybody paid attention."

"I did" Jenna and Chris said simultaneously looking disappointed.

"Aww, that is why I love you both. Come here." I wrapped each arm around each of their necks. We took a few pictures and then exited the compound.

We are sitting at a nearby restaurant for lunch. Our orders have just arrived.

"Don't eat that!" Chris exclaims grabbing by wrist which was holding a spoonful of salad.

"Why? What's wrong?" I ask.

"The salad has peanuts. You are allergic to them. You should be more careful sunshine."

I quickly dropped to spoon. "Oh no. I am sorry Chris. I didn't realize. Thanks my saviour." He smiled at me. If he hadn't noticed I definitely would have have ended up in the hospital like in the past.

I called the waiter and asked him to bring me something else. While waiting for my food I saw Jenna grinning.

"What are you smiling for, Jen?

"It's just that you guys look so cute together."

Chris chokes on water hearing this. A blush crept on his cheeks. "Not again, Jen. Chris and I are just friends. Geez." I say disappointed by Jen's constant efforts of bringing us both together.