2020, Paris

2020, Paris

Sage wasn't the first one to send me a rose today. I received enough to make a bouquet of my own and send it to another pretty girl I know that exist in this town.

The rose was in the deep shade of red that instead of reminding me of romance, resembles death. Attached to it was a card, a small one, enough to scribble a confession that must've been took a lot of crumpled sheets before the one I am reading now.

It's enough to make me smile but not enough to make me happy.

Every letter was merely meant for my face and it's the least that I like in my entirety. Shame on me for hating beauty when most would kill just to have it. But, they could never blame me for it is the only detail that they would acknowledge. I bet, they don't even know that I could play archery and I would love to compete in the Nationals.

This is what sucks when you're beautiful. It's merely the face that could be seen and people would look up to you as a royalty when you've been dreaming to be a pawn instead of a queen.

It sucks to be just there sitting on the throne people wanted you to be when all you wanted to do was to be with the knights. It sucks to let them choose the best standards of your king when you only have been dreaming for the opposite of what they want.

Well, he was not like Sage nor Alex nor the guys who I received flowers from, every Valentine's Day. He was just Claudius Valentine and he couldn't even give me a rose. But, he was deep-the kind that I don't mind to dive and drown. There was something more in those eyes of his that hides behind his thick glasses that makes me want to get lost to.

But, I am Paris, forced to wear a crown. I am a queen and a queen was never allowed to wander across seas and even wander the forest all by herself. To be lost was something she shouldn't be. She should always be on her throne away from everything else.