1950, Paris

1950, Paris

It felt like a whirlpool. It felt like everything just reciprocated where the gold around my neck became stains on my dress; the fancy walls became gloomy and the bright skies were suddenly filled with thick clouds. Awful cries were heard in a distance. Gunshots seemed to be just an inch away. Danger is screaming so loud and the escape I have been looking for became more impossible to find.

"Get up! Get up!"

I have no choice but to get up on my knees that felt so weak for reasons I have no idea of.

The voice came from men holding loaded guns and wearing crappy clothes that looks so scary. I followed the crowd of twenty or so as these men guided us towards somewhere I don't know.

"Please, don't kill us! Please!" cried of a woman with a child in her arms that I suppose was dead.

She's not alone. She was just one of the many begging for mercy for what I think of was freedom. It was also what I have been looking for since the moment I opened my eyes here.

"They're here!"

The sounds of gunshots became more evident that it made me fear the unknown more. Sweat started to drip on my forehead and my spines started to shiver.

I found myself running again looking for escape; searching for hope once again. I wanted so bad to get out from all of these and just wake up on my bed with my cat lying beside me.

I found myself running along with all these people with fear and anguish written on our eyes.

As the imaginary clock ticks in my head, everything gets worse and worse and I was just there running as fast as I could. Then, I stumbled on the cold ground as I lost my balance. I felt the sting on my right ankle and my left elbow.

"Hurry, and move forward!" A pair of man wearing a camouflage trousers and an army green jacket held me up and instructed me to go to their base.

Despite the hesitation, I moved forward and followed his orders where I saw those people from the village where I was minutes ago.

"Move! Move! Move!"

I tried to force my body to walk. I tried following the path I was told to but weakness was indeed slowly devouring every part of me and so, for the second time, I fell on my knees again.

It was when I look up when I saw him-my kind of hope. It was where I saw the same pair of eyes that I have seen outside the castle. It was the same pair of eyes that I have seen when they opened up the gates for me to see who the queen, my mother as I was told, would marry.

From that moment, I knew that the only escape was to run into his arms that I have always failed to do when I saw him in the hallways at school days as another commoner and at the end of the great hall of the palace as a prince, the queen, who's not me, was bound to marry.

And so, I tried standing up again but for the third time in this timeline, I have lost him again.

A trigger was pulled and a bullet was pierced right through his chest.