𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

Your throat is a graveyard of vocal cords by the time the mini-concert ends. You meet Jake backstage. Jason isn't with you. Jake and Jerry aren't with Jake, either. They were both taken away by the rest of the crew to get drinks as a way of commemorating and celebrating their glorious performance.

"Hey, Jake!" You catch him just as he's changing out of the shirt he used during the show.

Gah, why do I always have to find him half-naked?

"Oh? (Y/N)." Jake turns to you, halfway through buttoning his dress-shirt. "Did you like our performance?"

"Let me help you with that," you offer, moving closer to him and pushing his hands away from his shirt. He feels something grow tight in his chest. His breath catches.

"So, uh... did you?" he repeats.

"I did! Very much, actually. You were so into it, boss-man. Perfectly in sync with the music as well as with Jerry and Brad. And you even added your own personal touches to the dance!" You seem to be genuinely proud of him. He grins as you pull away from his dress shirt to copy one of the moves he'd tried earlier. "Like this, right? Yeah, you were so cool, bro. Like, I was in literal shock."

"Thanks," he says, sheepish. Head down. A mistake for him. When you return to buttoning his dress shirt, your noses nearly touch. You don't look bothered by it. Jake chews on the inside of his cheek, very much bothered by it. His gaze follows a bead of sweat that slides from your jaw to sink below your collarbone. Oh no.

"And hey," you say, voice quieter. More thoughtful. "You had some of the lyrics memorized, too. Talk about dedication, man."

He can't remember what this particular line means, but he sings it anyway, "You way too fine just for a quickie~~ so when I go down I gotta"

"Don't sing it to me!" You hit him in the chest. "I don't want to know what kinds of plans you might have for your future partner. Gross."

"Mhm." You've finished buttoning his shirt, but you haven't stepped away. Jake takes this opportunity to ask you. "By the way, (Y/N). Is Jason the special person you were talking about? You were practically leaning on him the whole performance—"

"Are you kidding me?!" You make a disgusted face. "Jason is like a brother to me, Jake. I could never date him. I broke his arm earlier too, you know. Almost, I mean! Almost! Nothing broke. Just got a little dislocated."

Jake breathes a sigh of relief. Both at the news of the salubrity of the crew's executive and the knowledge that you don't like someone close to him. He would never bring his emotions into the work of his crew. But he would have to admit that that would make some things hard for him.

"Then who's the 'special person' you were talking about a few days ago? Honestly, you're close to everyone in the crew. I couldn't see you acting unlike the way you usually do around anybody." Jake realizes he has to come up with an excuse for wanting to know this. "You know, so I can pair you and him on missions together. Get you two together nice and quick."

"Oh? But you and I already go on missions together often enough, boss-man."

"Uh, we do, yeah. But what about—wait. What?"

You grab Jake by his belt. Pull him in closer. To the point where your noses do touch, and he can feel your chest on his. He looks down at the finger you have looped through his belt. You don't let go. He goes red in the face.

"What about who, boss-man?" His expression is tight. "It's you I'm invested in."

"...Can I kiss you, then?" Is all he can think to say. It's all he wants to do, now. 

You speak with your mouth on his, "I'm all yours, Jake."