25. I Like You

"are you sure that happened?" Mr. Ham, being the formal man he was asked as Y/n nodded in response, now sitting alongside the couch with him as they talked alone inside his office, as for Wonjin... he was upstairs on his room, walking back in forth inside the four sided walls as he tried to think what could the two be talking right now.

"I received a text message from an unknown number recently... Sir, and only to find out it's the same number Woojun had been using all along, I find him suspicious and I think it had something to do with Wonjin almost being shot to death," she explained, not missing a detail as Mr. Ham sigh down in disbelief.

"it's not him," he suddenly muttered making the teen infront of him looms in confusion.

"it's his Mom, the woman I had an affair with before Wonjin's Mom and my wedding could even take place" he tells, looking down in dismay as if he was blaming himself for everything.

Y/n immediately turned quiet upon his words, eyes turning soft upon the olders sudden change of face as it turned sad.

"Miss Jang, this isn't supposed to be a work for you." he started to clarify, looking up towards the girl as she look down in response.

Yes, it does feels like she just crossed the line and was now invading something's private kind of life but on the other side, she couldn't help but to worry especially after seeing what almost happened last time.

Her conscience would kill her if something had happened to Wonjin that day, she already lost so much before and now it felt like it's gonna be her death if ever she loses Wonjin too. Her feelings from the boy was somehow complex yet her intention seems clear.

"Miss Jang, if you want to get involve inside our situation... can you give me an enough reason whyㅡ"

"I like him," the word suddenly slipped off her lips, making the old man stared blankly at her as response. It wasn't even a part of her plan, it just came out her mouth and now she's not even regretting a thing after she had said that. The word seem to be waiting for a right time to come out aswell.

"I like him,"

The word echoed from Wonjin's left ear to the right as he stood there, frozen as he just saw Y/n walking out from the front door and didn't even have the idea that he was just there, hiding against the corner as he listened to both of their conversation.

He know it wasn't indeed a good manner to do so but he was curious and like we say, curiosity kills the cat.

And here he was now, trying to make up his mind about what he truly felt for her. His heart beat sounds audible to his ear and he didn't find it normal at all. He wants to say things but it feels like his words were stuck underneath his throat that stopped him.

Until then, he saw small drops of rain started to escalate out of the glass window.

It soon turn into a harsh downpour as the only thing he could think was the girl who might get soaked under the rain. But his feet won't move, it felt like his feet was stuck and he can't even seem to walk away.

"son?" suddenly, his Dad walked out from the living room.

Shortly looking at him, Wonjin had again turn his head to look at the front door that was barely open as the rain outside was still pouring down and would probably get worst after some few minutes.

Shaking his with a smile, Mr. Ham walked towards the door way and took the spare umbrella they have beside it before stepping towards his son, handing him the umbrella he just took.

"here," Mr. Ham said, putting the umbrellavs handle inside his hand as he look up, deadpanned. "you wouldn't want the poor girl to get sick, wouldn't you?"

Right then, Wonjin found himself immediately exiting the house as he ran with the open umbrella against his head.

Mr. Ham who was left alone could only smile in admiration as he tucked both of his hand inside his pocket, shaking his head.

"kids these days..." he muttered, amused. "can't even seem to know if they're in love or not," he added before moving on and walk upstairs.

"Y/N!!!"

Turning around upon the sudden call, Y/n immediately spotted Wonjin from the distance, ranning towards her with an umbrella. She was now soaked wet and the umbrella he used would also end up being useless if ever he came here just to give it to her.

Reaching her spot, Wonjin panted for a bit before standing up as he put the umbrella above her head, almost letting himself became drench by the rain as Y/n slowly push the umbrella to cover him instead.

"I'm already wet, just go back inside and dry yourself" she said, but the guy didn't move.

They just stood there, both staring at each others eyes with no words coming out from their lips, not even a single syllable would want to.

Until, he said it.

"I like you too Miss President..."