The Beauty in Death

Chapter 5

I tried to open my eyes but they were glued shut.
"(Y/N), my dear daughter, stay alive for me, and for your father. Don't let this kill you! Okay?"
"Kristen?"
And as soon I could open my eyes, they flew open, and I was blinded.
"(Y/N), your awake, thank god! Let me go get Phil!" Techno's voice fill my head as Kristen's leaves.
My eyes finally adjusted, I'm laying in bed in a room I was not familiar with. My eyes wondered to the 2 chairs next to my bed. I sit up to feel pain shoot through my torso. My eyes visit my chest and I see bandages.
'What happened?'
That's when Phil wakes in.
"Thank goodness your awake.. you sure gave everyone a fright." He chuckled
"What happened?"
"We were hoping you would be able to tell us."
"I don't know, I remember bumping into something, the sound glass shattering, like a flower pot, or a glass of water. That's when Techno showed up. He helped me to bed, and went to get me some water, I remember falling asleep to what I thought was tiredness..."
"There wasn't a flower pot in that room or a glass of water..."
"Was it the window?"
"The window was open..."
"Maybe a potion?"
"That's what I was thinking, but who would want you dead..."
"I don't know. Oh and Phil.. are you and Kristen, my parents?"
"Um.. yeah, what gave it away?"
"Welll uh you see, I think I was close to death, I heard Kristen, she called me daughter. Knowing that you're married to her, she said stay alive for her and well my dad..."
He smiled, "I was going to tell you, then all this happened, speaking of we should check if the glass that shattered has any potion residue.."
"Wait how long have I been out?"
"Only a couple days. You should rest more."
"But I'm not tired. I'm the epitome of energy!" I say trying to sit up again only to shrivel in pain.
"Please be careful, you stopped bleeding, and the wound has partially heal, we don't want it to reopen." Techno say coming to assist.
"Yeah, we don't need you seeing Kristen again so soon..." Phil smiled.
When I stand my wings stretch as a reflex, and puff out then go back to normal. At least I can fly.
"Here let me help you. Lean on me when you can't stand by yourself." Techno offered helping walk.
"Thank you. Anyway, Phil- I mean dad, do I have any siblings?" I chuckled embarrassingly.
"In fact, by blood you have...had a brother. Wilbur, he was President of a nation he created." Phil smiled sadly, "Though I have a tendency to adopted, so that leads to 3 other brothers, Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo well Ranboo is more a friend but yeah."
"Oh, I remember Kristen- i mean mom saying something about that... okay it gonna take some time getting used to calling you those names..."
"Mate, you don't have to if you don't want to. No pressure. Alright let's collect some glass, figure out if the potion story is plausible."
"Yeah, so you have no enemies or anything?" Techno questioned.
"Not that I'm aware of at least. I don't think so. I haven't pissed anyone off lately. What if it's someone trying to get back at you? Not that you did anything wrong... I'm not implying that you'd ever cross anyone." I rambled in fear of over stepping a boundary.
"That's also a possibility, we do have our fair share of enemies." Phil replied as we walked to the room where I apparently almost died.
They started collecting some of the glass shards  as I sat there as the moral support.
"So tell me more about my brother, what did he like?"
"Hmm, well he's a ghost currently... but he loved playing the guitar, and writing."
"Don't forget he fucked a fish."
"He fucked a fish?"
"Yeah, he has a son, named Fundy. He's a fox."
"You mean furry..."
"Techno, you know how he feels about that term. Be nice."
"I have a nephew?"
"Yeah, he's an adult now. Wil did die young, or at least 40 is young comparatively."
"How old are you Phil?"
"That's complicated..."
"How is that complicated, it's a number."
"It's a very large number, one that I gave up on years ago."
"Damn you are old"
"I told you."
"When did you talk about this?"
"On the walk back here."
We continued talking as Phil took the shards to the microscope.
We sat in full silence, the small chatter no gone. Waiting to see if the glass was contaminated with potion.
The silence is unnerving, you could hear a pen drop. No one moved a muscle. Even the animals were quiet.
The silence was broken when Phil spoke up.
"It has hints of nether wart on it along with some fermented spider eyes..."
"A harming potion..." Techno eyes slightly turned more red.
"Who? Why?" I started questioning.
"I don't know but I will find out. They won't get away with this." Techno said as he prepared to go somewhere.
"Wait, where are you going? We don't have any leads, we don't know who could possibly do this. We can't just go running into the face of danger unprepared."
"Why not?"
"Because, the books, the final chapter. You're gonna let someone come in and ruin your chance." I said grabbing onto his arm, "If you won't stay for your final chapter, you promised you'd help me with mine."
"But you're still recovering." He looked back conflicted. He didn't take another step, concern dripping from his words.
"I can fly, my wings should be good. But for caution I'll drink a healing potion. I did bring my own." I go over to my bag, finding the shining red liquid, bottle. I shake it a little in front of his face, showing it off.
I pop the cork off and drink it. The familiar taste of cherry cough syrup filled my throat. My pain vanishing, able to stand up straighter, and hold myself up.
"There, see, all better." I smiled with a wink.
"Fine, we'll leave tomorrow." He turned around as if to hide something or to say the conversation was done.